Thursday, September 22, 2016

Diamond Mine Layout from Crafternooning






































Haven't worked with a nearly monotone layout in ages. Thought it best to print the photos in black and white and let the paper do the heavy lifting. Well, and the flowers. So pretty! Jean brought this new Close to My Heart paper for us to play with and I added that splash of raspberry washi.



The nice part of Crafternooning is getting your hands on some new products. Jean brings all kinds of pretty cut up things too. Check out that XOXO. Of course, she did not bring bird feathers...I added that all on my own! I thought it went well with creek photos. We were camping at a cool campground that was associated with the Herkimer Diamond Mine.






































Loving that group photo of my whole family. Even Duncan got in the photo! I have another layout to do of the actual mining, but it was nice to work with these photos!






































I had a few scraps left over so I made a card. Loving that glitter paper! She tells me it cuts nice and smoothly too!

Thanks Jean for an epic afternoon!

Hugs and Happiest of Thursdays to you. I'm off to a conference, so no doubt will have all kinds of interesting adventures to tell you about when I get home.

5 comments:

  1. Well it looks like a beautiful almost monochrome layout to me. Though I have to admit my disadvantage: my windows 10 update has turned everything purple tinged. I calibrated this screen when I bought my laptop and now I'm pretty mad..

    Lovely page! And thanks for letting me vent :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous layout, lovely photos, and wonderful card too.. the papers look great..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your layout is beautiful.LOVE the b/w photos with the bits of soft colour. And the leftovers look fabulous on your card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh so gorgeous!! Those flowers and that bird feather... I didn't see it right away, but that's the beauty of it... beautiful layout and beautiful family!

    ReplyDelete
  5. GORGEOUS page....love that you made the photos B & W - works a treat! Really YUMMY page...new fave, here!!! Cute card too - must be nice to have your crafty group back again, too :):)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!