Thursday, August 4, 2011

Dream Page



It is the month of DREAM pages! Scrap-It-Lah is hosting a challenge page and I thought I'd play along. Well, I did promise someone that I'd play along on the last challenge and life got in the way of that....

Iris is asking that we use: "three things in your layout... stamping, embossing, and misting. Plus there must be at least one raw chipboard to dress up".

I use misting all the time, but I haven't pulled out a stamp in AGES. I did grab a new stamp I purchased recently from Close to My Heart called Hope. I like this one in particular as it somewhat looks like a tattoo. I had forgotten that along with my misting, I had also used some glimmer modge podge which made stamping a bit more challenging. The rose paper I used is embossed so I'm calling that item good as well. The letters are chipboards and I used white paint splotched on them with some glimmermist and then glitter. I also added a few Webster's items to my page as the featured designer designs for them and I thought she'd enjoy it...and, hello, those flowers are the BEST ever!

If you are local, Misty Hollow has them in stock. I convinced their buyer to get me some, but you had better go quick as there aren't many left!




My second inspiration was from a page I spotted recently on Vanilla Scraps and also links into a really cool new challenge blog called Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge blog. I am sorry, but that is just a cool name. And, check out Karen's page she made for the challenge! I didn't scrap lift her, because I was having trouble coming up with specific dreams or goals. I really love her page though. A good scrapbook page to me is one I keep thinking about. Of course, I had to ask her what chooks were. She said chickens, which is still confusing to me..if she means the egg laying variety that is cool, but having grown up with them...I'm not wishing for some anytime! I still have a scar on my leg from that stupid mean rooster we had...oh sorry, off topic!

Ok, so their challenge is asking for some specific things:

use any two of:
cloud
rainbow
kite, or
symbols of your dream – you can use a photo or drawing that is representative of your dream

I did use rainbow colors and I'm going to say the heart stamp with wings is pretty symbolic of my plan for growth in the future. Ok, so maybe that is a stretch, but due to my inabilities to fit anything more on this page...which is already pretty full....and I do want you to go visit those blogs....

And, now about my page. I have had this picture for years. IN fact, like my journalling says, it was taken my senior year in highschool because the year book camera was home and my Mom snapped it. I have started a book documenting some childhood memories (Marilyn has done all the pages so far) and I thought it would be fun to use this one in there. Really goes to show you how all the little parts of my life now total the sum. I was speaking on the phone to my future husband!






And, one last thing to leave you with! Baker's twine! Yes, I used some Helen, just for you! LOL!! Check out her page with the cool brick stamp and froggy on the Scrap It Lah website!

14 comments:

  1. This is freaking gorgeous Mitralee - thanks for playing along and supporting us! I love your photo, flowers ... just everything!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So gorgeous Mitra!! Love that photo of you - so very cute!! The misting and the stamp, yum, I think this is one of my favs of yours so far.
    I grew up with chickens as well but loved lookng after them - my big brother who is a very senior policeman is still terrified of chooks - so funny...
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is AMAZING! I loveee the flowers, the photo, the design...and i always loveeeeeeee the way you journal! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh MY, My eyes popped when I seen your layout, Fantastic Chook (lol) You have done an amazing Job, love everything about it! Thanks for joining us at another freaking scrappy challenge. Your work is awesome! Welldone :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just love your layout Mitra and all that layering with the pops of pink - really really gorgeous - thanks for playing along with us at Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge (I really love the name too!)... scrap happy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow this is magical ... such perfection and I love the way the elements draw my eye across the page .. beautiful work ... hugz x
    thanks for leaving a wonderful comment on the ID blog .. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. I adore this layout - it's a total work of art & total art from the heart too!! Freaking amaaaazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful LO Mitra - thanks for playing along with Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your LO. It´s wonderful. Well done with the challenge and thank you for playing along this month at SIL! And I will be back your work is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome technique and gorgeous page! Tfs...:)))

    ReplyDelete
  11. Woah!! This page is just awesome! Thanks for playing with us at Another Freaking Scrappy challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW!! The colors just pop!! Love it a lot!!! Thanks for playing with us.. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!