Nothing says back to school like Lime Green? Well, it IS her favorite color, so I do find myself using it often. Suppose you could say in her life, green is the new pink.
Anyhow, Back to School is a big deal this year due to the fact that 5th Grade starts Middle School. I know! It's crazy.
I have had a hard time wrapping my head around that.
This page was inspired from a challenge I spotted out on Helen's blog. And, I have to say, it was difficult for me to figure out how I wanted to make my background paper. I understood her tutorial quite clearly, but finding that sheet of paper I wanted to alter was a bit of a challenge. I finally settled on this very busy piece of paper from Bo-Bunny's Back to Basics Line. I can honestly say that I have seen many family tree papers. I liked this piece, but wasn't in love with the title on it (since the family tree isn't anything I am planning on scrapping anytime soon). It was actually a relief to roll some white gesso on it to dull it down a lot. I also used another background piece of paper from CTMH that was also super bright. I LOVE the fact you can still see the tree and the title has disappeared under my Thickers spelling out Middle School. These lovely velvet letters were super easy to ink up to match.
My flowers were fun too. My last post explains how I made them. I even went so far as to use a cup cake liner. I had these liners out on the counter in hopes I'd come up with something for them. For some reason they got mashed in my baking drawer and were completely flat! So, I folded three of them and inked them up.
Thanks for those flowers, clip and chipboard too Helen, makes it even better since I am using them for your challenge.
So, anyhow, I am inviting YOU to participate in this challenge with me.
It's a good one. Head over. The specifics are below:
It's on the Scrap-It-Lah blog and the rules for the fun are here:
5 Simple Rules for playing along at Scrap-it-Lah Challenges
1. Please create a NEW layout for each challenge but you are welcome to combine with other challenges, as long as your layout was specifically designed with Scrap-it-Lah in mind and created AFTER the challenge details were posted!
2. Please remember to mention Scrap-it-Lah somewhere in your blog post; create a link back to the correct challenge post at Scrap-it-Lah.
3. Please include the challenge requirements within your blog post – you are welcome to copy; paste these off the Scrap-it-Lah blog.
4. Please also mention the deadline the challenge ends and let everyone know what prize is up for grabs!
5. Remember, you must be a follower of the Scrap-it-Lah blog to be “in with a chance to win”
Create your own mixed media background, using printed paper as a base. Be sure to include at least 3 different paint colours in whatever effects you fancy. This can be using stamps, bubble wrap, etc etc - its all up to your imagination.
Also ensure that you have at least twelve words on your layout, which can include the title, date (if you want to include one) and the journaling (or even be one REALLY long title if you like!)