Sunday, October 2, 2011
There is my stack of goodies below! I really wanted Victorian for some reason or other and have been inspired by all the vintage ads and goodies I've seen around blog land. I have also been looking for a while for pretty flowers to add to the fronts, but decided to make my own. We got a new coffee pot a while back that takes different coffee filters than our old one, so between having some filters to use up....and not finding what I wanted, I spent most of Friday night cutting. Now, I'm not a big one for cutting too much on my Silhouette. I love it, but I don't use it every day. It did do a great job with this dove!
I also glimmered up some cheese cloth so I could use it in little bits behind my flower. I really liked it. I can't say I've seen anyone use little bits of it before, but I am sure they have!
And a little bit more about my flower. Basically I punched five or so flowers and layered them up with a brad. Then I twisted them up around the brad and inked the edges with a stamp pad. I was all out of clear glimmermist and since I only wanted a very light pink on the edges, so I decided to make my own. I used some shimmer paint from Close to My Heart and rubbing alcohol. Aside from having a rather strong smell that went away after and I really didn't measure, it worked great! Check out the shimmer below! The weird part about using paint was that my spray bottle didn't seem to clog AND it stuck to the brad!
The other flowers were sprayed with clear, had inked edges, and also got a treatment of Sugar Maple glimmermist and some gold glitter.
Anyhow, let me know if you have any more questions on what I did. It's a whole lot of fun to try making your own mist! Give it a whirl!
Also, I am linking up this project on Scrapbookers Anonymous. I haven't played there in ages! Their challenge this 'time round is using your dye cutters! I used FOUR on this card!
I am also linking this up to Get Creative which is a new blog I've never played along with. Card challenges all this month! Mine fits perfectly into their first challenge which is using more than three layers. Check it out here!