Have I mentioned lately how much I love modge podge? It is really quite useful.
After our fun party on Sat. and clean up on Sunday, I HAD to get my hands on some craft time. So, instead of folding laundry, I made this pumpkin!
Some small person gave my son a present in a gift bag and it had some lovely orange tissue paper. Now, I am pretty fond of orange already and I thought maybe I could reuse this tissue paper on my pumpkin to give it a bit of a crinkle look. I modge podged chunks on, waited for it to dry, and then went over it with a bit of orange ink pad. A wee bit of glimmermist for a few freckles and some drying time....then I was ready for some flowers!
Marilyn passed along this AMAZING turquoise flower. It really didn't scream fall, but I loved it so....and it made a cool contrast to all that orange. So, a bit of hot glue later...You can see from the side that it is knitted and they basically had added a wire to allow the wrapping aspect. Haven't ever seen one like this before so I am super excited to enjoy my pumpkin on display and my awesome flower! Oh, I added the center portion with a bit of hot glue. Those flower stamens are glittery and produced by Wilton for cake decorating in a variety of colors. Mine are white and glittery, but I believe are mistable too, so that is why I opted for white!
Also included in my montage of flowerness was a few white flowers from Prima, some gold glittery ferns I've been hording in my stash, and the same white Prima flowers that I've added some Tim Holtz NEW (oh happy dance) distress ink on (Gathered Twigs, Ripe Persimmon, and Seedless Preserves) that are new for the fall and will only be out this time of year.
Also, I ran the Tattered Leaves die through my Big Shot with a double layer of aluminum foil and got some fun leaves to play with! I made up some cardboard ones too for a bit of a contrast.
You can really see them better below. I added the Tim Holtz distress ink on them and got a nice mottled affect. Add in burlap for texture, a modge podged doily with more distress ink, added glitter in the fresh modge podge, and a flower from Helen and I'm so happy with my result!
I do have a challenge to play along with. I have been