Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Another Freaky Scrappy Sketch Challenge



I know, can you believe it! It's half way through August already! Goodness gracious!

Means it's time for the next challenge up at Another Freaking Scrappy!

Check out this very fun sketch.


I admit, I worked on this page on Saturday. I was thinking a lot about Helen and decided to channel her style. Not sure I really captured it, she goes brighter with her colors than I tend to, but the intent was there. 

I used smidges of gesso and paint around the edges and even painted a key!


While in Corning NY a few weeks back, I took some random photos while out at lunch. 

One I took of some buildings that I THINK was built from Potsdam Sandstone. It reminds me of HERE! 
I didn't use that one on my page, had a few more I liked better. 



See, look at the stone and how worn it is, yet so pretty. Sorry, geologist at heart here. LOVE rocks!


Another photo I did use was this photo of Little Joe sneaking out over the top of Corning Inc. Headquarters building. Love the glass on this building and how it looks against the river.

It was kinda a gloomy day. I lightened the photo for my page.




















Another random shot of the fountain I used to take the kids to when they were little to play in. Not the original intent, I am sure. But they added foam over the marble to help with wee people slipping which made me love it even more!


And a random shot of some roses that I found around town, because I liked them!

Have a great Hump Day!

8 comments:

  1. You certainly 'captured' Helen here...fab page...am hoping to be able to play along with this one!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaw how exciting!! I've been captured!!! Yup I can definitely see I've rubbed off on you on this one! Bling - check, doilies - check, painted border - check, cluster - check, key - check!!!!! You've made my day - I'm going to bed happy now :) Thank you for the flattery LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yup, glad to see Helen can see Helen cos I can see Helen too:):):)I LOVE your banner! It's so neat...& your bg is really awesome...love the splash of pink around the page. And this sketch is a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did you make the tan roses Mitra? They are awesome! This is such a beautifully designed page. You always do a fantastic job on your layouts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is a fabulous take on the sketch.. love all the interesting pictures and the cluster of roses looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Simply beautiful! Love your take on the sketch! I don't know how you manage to do so many crafty things my friend....hats off to you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mitra, I love what you have done with the sketch challenge and that little cluster of flowers is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love those brighter colors and the gesso work is terrific. Another stunning LO and you are so lucky to live where you do. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!