Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Flora and Fauna Page for Creative Scrappers



So during our hike up to the Sun Gate at Machu Picchu  I was entertained by the little air plants and flowers growing on the rock wall on one side of the trail.

In fact, I had a hard time not wanting my own little air plant garden! I only took photos though!

It was taking my mind off the long drop on the other side of the trail.

For most of the hike, there was a smaller drop due to the terraces built by the Incas. So, only breaking your leg a bit not the whole body you know?

Towards the Sun Gate there really was not much between the edge of the trail and a hiker.

How do you like that wee little photo of my Mom at the Sun Gate?


































THIS was our destination ultimately. It was fun to sit on the warm rocks for a bit before hiking back down.




















THE VIEW was amazing. I have a few more photos to share of that shortly.

This page was based off a sketch from Creative Scrappers. LOVE the buttons. Added the circle above for some extra spice!


And one last close up of my title. I had quite a bit of fun cutting this out of copper and adding some patina paint and crackle glaze!


Happy HUMP day!

4 comments:

  1. Your photos are beautiful and that flora sign IS crazy wonderful! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a stunning layout - all your details are gorgeous!! Love what you have done with the buttons - and of course a big THANK YOU for playing at Creative Scrappers too :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi..This looks amazing, the photo at the rocks is awesome.. and what a great take on the sketch.. LURVE the buttons!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool layout! That row of buttons looks great, very effective!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!