Monday, February 17, 2014

Fairy Garden Fun With Blocks: THE CUTTING CAFE


































This project was inspired by a really cool cutting file, a little fairy and some mushrooms I picked up at the local gift shop as well as a great digital file.

Regina has a cutting file called FUN WITH BLOCKS at the Cutting Cafe that created the structure for this piece. They are really cute for a lot of things, but I really wanted a fairy garden and a nice way to display my small fairy and the mushrooms.


































Here is a close up of some of the images I used. They went along nicely with my fairy & reminde me of SPRING!

I am in desperate need of some Spring...can you tell? All that white stuff in the background giving you a hint?


These images are from Ignacia's store Nicecrane Designs and are called Colorful Nature. So pretty and vibrant!


And I'll leave you with one last photo taken looking down on this project so you can see the pretty flowers on the top and that crazy mossy glitter I used to cover where I backed these blocks with cardboard. Just ran a quick line of hot glue and dumped glitter all over. Yes, it was a bit of a messy venture, but I am now in LOVE with that glitter! 

Hope your Monday is amazing! 

13 comments:

  1. Wow, so cool (no, no I really mean so hot). Yes, we are getting tired of this fluffy white stuff!!! Your project is reminder of what is yet to come. Love your little mushroom, along with the great flowers. I do have a question, what did you use for those cute little legs?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so.wonderful ,those papers n mushroom are fab...not to forget colorful flowers ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeously fun creation!! Adore that giant mushroom!! Lovely images! Hope your parcel has found it's way to you by now :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i don't know what to say...........I AM SPEECHLESS.........love it....also you're going to love the configuration boxes coming soon............hugs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Snow. it's called SNOWSNOWSNOWSNOWSNOW........just reminding you, since it seems you momentarily forgot ....LOL.......& yup, loooove how you find finds then create MAGIC with them. Snow. Just saying......

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well we are heading into autumn and I hope a bit cooler weather.. Your blocks and fairy garden are enchanting, I really love this.. those images are so adorable too.. I hope your spring comes soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Woww,wowww,wowwwwww Mitra,,,,,,,A True Play of Art my friend,,,,,, What a beautiful project my friend,,,,,I am falling in lovw with these blocks,,,,,,,,,,,,,Soooo amazing,,,,so colorful,,,,and waht a cosntrast with snow,,,,, OMG,,,,,I´ll post in mky blog,,,,and Horayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy for Mitra.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's what i love about you. You can look at a box and see a home for fairies...I mean seriously...duh...that's brilliant!! It's also a fabulous home for glitter too. ;)
    This is an over the top awesome project and what is this configuration box that Regina speaks of? OH MY!!!!!!! :D
    hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh man, this is gorgeous!! WOW is all I can think to say!! heehee Chauntelle

    ReplyDelete
  10. LOVE this idea!! My daughter loves fairy gardens.....I might have to use yours as inspiration for her :-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is fantastic! I love that it is a fairy garden. But, I don't like the snow in the background. We are in the middle of a major winter storm. Looks like another 15-18 inches of the white stuff. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So very pretty and
    fun! Love it.
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!