Thursday, June 16, 2016

GlassFest Layout & the Market Street Collection






































Recently we celebrated Glass Fest here in Corning, NY. We are totally big on all things glass, so why not block off all of Market Street, invite in food vendors and crafters and have fun.....Lexi was down at Centerway helping face paint little people for Sister Cities but lots of her friends were out and about so she joined them later for some food and fireworks.






































Look at those pretty girls! They are on the walking bridge that connects Centerway with the other side of the river & eventually takes you to the Corning Museum of Glass. It's cool on that bridge...they have a garden running down the middle and you can look over the side at the huge carp that swim in the Chemung. I do suppose it would be epic to watch fireworks from, which is what she did later that evening.






































We wandered around GlassFest ourselves with Grandpa Roger and Grandma Donna. Of course I had to score a beer cozy & a free bowl at the Corelle store. My plan (which worked perfectly) was to fussy cut the logo off the beer cozy...and then add glitter....love how that M turned out...that is the new logo for Corelle's new Market Street Collection which of course is named after OUR Market Street and is a pattern I really love....so we're taking a quick field trip to look at some plates...


Yes, I see you agree. They are epic....but not available for purchase yet of course! ;-)

Happiest of Thursdays to you! I'm busy making a list for the weekend....lots of crafting I think and perhaps some spray painting....gold anyone?

2 comments:

  1. Lovely layout, how come the young ones can get a great selfie.. !!! love the banner up the top of your page.. and pretty plates!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow... such a beautiful layout!! And how much fun that seems. I was talking to Corey today and told him your Habitat for Humanity story which really inspired him and then he started talking about the fact that he passed through Corning on his way to or from or both a quick drive to NYC with a friend to get a desk and how impressed he was with the town. I don't think I've been there since I was a kid. AND he said he knows someone who works at the glass factory. Such a small world... wait... what was I talking about? Oh yeah! Awesome page!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!