Tuesday, September 12, 2017

12 Tags of Christmas Prep for the Funkie Junkie
























So, I don't know about you, but every year the Funkie Junkie 12 Tags of Chrismas sneaks up on me. I feel the same way about all the major holidays that happen at the end of the year too, like Christmas and Thanksgiving. I tell myself it's like getting upset it's winter again since that is what happens here in December.

Last year Linda started making her tags around the end of this month. I know, I just went and checked. In an effort to actually start these tags ON TIME, I started thinking about what I'm going to make in January, as in last January. I also recently conned talked my friend Lisa into playing too. She's going to use this fancy smancy golf ball holder. Hopefully I'll send it to her soon. I'm using little glass jars because I got the green and gold ones on clearance and they are super pretty. I think I'll do small ones first and work up to bigger ones with something built on top in 3-D. Having a plan now is a really good thing since I'm a couple of jars short and I will need a little time to eat an entire jar of artichoke hearts. Can't rush that.





































So, yes, the 12 Jars of Christmas will start posting before you know it!

Let's have a little look back over the years as this will be my sixth year participating.  (I've also never won the prize drawing at the end, so maybe this year it will be me!) Please keep your toes crossed. 



Let's see....back in 2012 I decorated the top of Herb Ox containers.
Then in 2013 I altered a sample box. 
























In 2014 I made icicles.



In 2015 I decorated punch cups. 



Last year I decorated Jello Molds. 

Yikes! I'm almost ready to even start Christmas cards! I'm getting all excited! 

Wish me luck! 



4 comments:

  1. I AM getting excited! Can't wait! And I really can't wait to see your jars!! What an awesome collection of beautify you've made over the years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow what you have created each year is amazing.. you are just getting betterer and betterer!! Looking forward to seeing what you are up to this year...

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is so cool to see all 6 years worth of projects in this incredible post Mitra. Frankly it is a shame you haven't won but I'll be rooting for you this year. Hopefully I can get my act together and play along finally after wanting to forever. Need jars? PM me and I can send some your way. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping here again... really can't wait... found some things that might come in handy for this... this is your year... I can feel it!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!