Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Round Peacock Table Project


The other day Lexi and I sold a table on Market Place that had been out there for a while. It wasn't one I created specifically to sell, but was something extra. So, now that we had more room....we had to go find our next item to work on! I passed over a three drawer piece that has a beautiful mirror (for now) and picked up this cute round table. 



It's pretty simple and also not huge, so it should be a nice piece for her to paint during the long break from college over the holidays. I even let her pick the paint. We decided to go a little fancy with this paint job. It will be distressed so won't be too bright. Her first steps will be to wipe the table down with deglosser that will take the shiny off the varnish so it's easy to paint. Then she will apply the chalk paint which is pretty forgiving. Later, I'll distress it and add a coat of matte clear coat.


I also might add this transfer by Prima. It's pretty simple to add. Works the best with a surface that isn't shiny, so the chalk board paint will work really well. We'll have to see how it looks all painted!

Anyhow, wish us luck! Our latest piece hasn't sold yet, but I had someone ask me to hold it until after Christmas!


1 comment:

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!