Sunday, June 26, 2011

Our Special Place





UPDATE: 06/26/2011
Added my dragon flies! LOVE them, I really do! Shirley let me borrow one of her sizzlitz! Love it! Two layers of sparkly purple paper, a layer of black sticky backed paper, some green shimmer glitter, two little wires and a couple of little green seed bead eyeballs. I made two for Shirley too. They are a bit addicting!

Oh goodness, I haven't scraplifted anyone in ages! I used to POUR over scrappages in magazines and try to copy ones I really really liked. So, I scraplifted this awesome page from Helen. Yes, it sounds like I know her. Nope, but I admire her work a whole lot. Check her blog out here and leave her some love. I heard she was having a bad week.

This page I made was a booger! It fought me every step of the way. First I started with this really cool back ground paper that I made on my printer. I know! Isn't it cool? We have a beautiful Adirondack stream behind our house. I liked my house the first time I saw it but we bought it based on the trails and stream. The background paper was a pic taken from a cell phone of the water! Part of my scraplifting was to make my own paper....I actually resisted the lour of glimmermist and opted to use this photo. Helen misted her page with a couple of different mists. Then, the middle part was easy, I knew which photos I wanted to use BUT do you think I could find that ribbon she used? Of course not, it was local and she lives really far away from Potsdam NY! So, I had to recreate it. Good thing I had some dotty paper. I cut it into strips, folded it to match hers, and used some masking tape to keep it all together. Then I sewed it so it wouldn't move. And glued the light blue paper behind it for a scallopy touch. FUSSY! But I survived. Getting some photos around was easy. We spent some time out there last weekend crayfish hunting with the dog. I say DOG because one was very easy going and opted to ride along in the Razor (think big golf cart here crossed with a 4-wheeler). The OTHER dog who really really wanted to go was too chicken (we call her Patti, as in CHICKEN PATTY). She had to be carried down to us on the tractor (fought the hubby) and then carried over to the stream, at which point she was super happy. The one above is Forrest cooling his belly.

Anyhow, I digress. I then put everything together and inspired by Helen's idea of using up scraps and flowers, I dove into the box that has flowers and pieces parts. Found a bunch of fresh and new Purple Pumpkin stuff. The doily is theirs, as are the flat backed spotty buttons (including the bug) and lacy button flower. The little turquoise glimmery stickers are from Walmart. I wanted some of the gem stickers like Heather used, but alas, I am out and there is no where local to get those. Anyhow, I am happy with what I used. A few flowers from way back are Close to My Heart. The only thing I might add is a dragon fly. I could make one, but I am out of steam tonight...I have a big inbox to attend to since I spent the day out and about. 4th grader graduated today. I might blog about that later. Got to get the photos off the camera. I needed to unwind a bit, hence the page!

Oh, and one last thing...by scraplifting Helen, I also used the sketch from Sketchabilities. Check it out here on their blog. I intend to use it again, but twist the photos. I like the flow. Maybe I will find gem stickers by then!

7 comments:

  1. Sorry it was a pain to make.... I loveeeeeeeeeeee it though... it is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeeeee the photos and that lace flower!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic, love all the different elements and the title is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fantastic Mitra! It's a first for me to have someone scraplift a layout of mine (that I know of anyway!) so thanks for the shout out!! You did an awesome job - completely awesome! Love your ribbon & the scallops underneath! And your own paper??? Wow!!! I think that sketch is a complete winner too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your layout doll!! It turned out fabulously. Really love the background...fantastic! The flowers are divine and love the scallops.
    Little behind on commenting..so trying to catch up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome take on the sketch! It turned out beautiful...thanks for playing along!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow I love your take on the sketch. The pictures and embellies fit so well to the background.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!