Monday, December 1, 2014

Santa's Cookies Layout for Another Freaking Scrappy





































I sent this page home with my sister in law Jennifer after she visited over Thanksgiving. I asked her to bring me a favorite family recipe and a few photos! This is a photo of my niece and nephew making sugar cookies.
































My Mother in Law passed away before she got to meet any of her grandchildren. My sister in law found this sugar cookie recipe in her cook book where her Mother had even written a few notes in the margin while teaching her to make sugar cookies. Jennifer has made this recipe with her own kids, so it's been passed down to the next generation of cookie eaters!


























Jennifer even brought me a couple of cookie cutters to photograph and use as a die-cut.

Anne over at Another Freaking Scrappy has a challenge out for the first of December that is to scrapbook a favorite recipe / memory of something your mother/grandmother cooked for you.

I thought it would be nice to have my sister in law help me out with a page that she could keep. In fact, I had her do all the journaling so her kids would have her handwriting.



























Thanks for popping over to check out this keepsake. Hopefully you will find some time during this busy holiday season to play along! Perhaps you have ingredients already to make a family favorite and you are just a few photos away from a layout!

Happy Monday after our long holiday!

3 comments:

  1. What a precious memory, and really love the recipe on your page as well.. really lovely layout..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FABULOUS....after seeing your photos on FB, I was wondering what scrapping you had done....looove that it has her writing on it, & the cookie cutters, too:))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely page with all the makings of perfect scrapping from the photo to the journaling to the perfect bits & pieces!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!