Monday, February 26, 2018

Smile Happy Heart Art from my Erosion Bundle





































Goodness, what a fun bunch of crumply tissue paper, inked up doily, and stained burlap I found right after Christmas in my erosion bundle! I have been dreaming up a project since and since Valentine's Day is right around the corner, I ran with this wood heart frame. I had a little turquoise tissue paper hanging around so I added it to the frame with some modge podge and a little grungy shimmer spray.




I was excited about making flowers this past weekend so I used the crumpled and dyed tissue paper in a Tim Holtz Tattered Flower die. I added a gem brad to the center. The little age spots are part of what hanging out in the weather does to paper. Super cool.



Since my frame was so small, I could only use one of the large tissue paper flowers and some vintage roses I made, so I have plenty of tissue flowers left over to play with later. The envelope and that paper with the gold M all came out of the bundle and had a nice faded pink and green color. I had added dyed seam binding so I am guessing those colors migrated.





































Really love that butterfly and that gold lattice. The gold lattice came from a piece of paper I used behind something I spray painted, so it's upcycled like most everything else on this piece!

I've made this piece as part of an Erosion bundle collaboration! If you would like to check out some other art work using the same stuff, check them out here:







































I am really enjoying this piece! It was hard to wait all summer, fall, and part of the winner to see what I "got" but then at the end I really loved the age spots and the subtleties of the ink that ran. Next time I'm trying metal to get some rust! Fun times!

Happy Monday! 



4 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful project ! Loved the beautiful flowers and layering!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. LOVE the eclectic mix and pretty colours!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very very beautiful and so cool! Love it and love those big tissue flowers.. and that doily.. pretty awesome creation!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!