Monday, May 5, 2014

FLY: Last Snow Layout of the Season for Scrap the Boys


































Although I would not put it past the North Country to throw one last snow on us, we may possibly be done with all that for a year.

That being said, the very old & fun snowmobile here in the photo has also already been sold as we are moving back to Southern NY where it is much less snowy.

THE MAN and I were used to snowmobiles growing up in The Tug Hill Region of NY where snowfall is the greatest.

It was mid winter when we were itching to get back on our trails when we picked up a really cheap snowmobile for some playtime. Turned out the boy was the one who enjoyed it the most.


Here is a side view of my page. It's been raining here for a couple of days so I had to sneak out when it stopped for a bit. Thankfully it's rain and making the flowers grow like mad and not snow!










Just a close up of my vellum deer and my journaling. Love the gold shimmer & texture I got on this page. Mixed media can be so much fun when it all works well together! Things took a long while to DRY though! ;-)


And one last photo of my blue flowers, pine bows, & burlap twine. I was going for manly with flowers because THAT was the challenge last month at Scrap the Boys and I planned on playing along. Thankfully it kinda also works for getting messy which is this month's challenge over there!

Hope you are having a great Monday!

14 comments:

  1. Your bg is DELISH...loving the pops of blue in the orange...& that blue pen that you wrote with??? Looks GREAT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW would you believe I did this challenge today too.. Love your back ground textures and what an amazing photo too.. Our weather has been a bit like that photo the last couple of days.. very chilly indeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow!! This is gorgeous! LOVING the flowers and that deer!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm in love with your paste technique and how you really just takes textures and colors to a whole new level! This page is fantabulous chica. It's kinda sad you're moving as I feel your followers have become so accustomed to your surroundings, but this new change will be fun too! So many more fabulous memories and pages to make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh...also meant to mention. Does Luke get a pretty nice ride now since he's shown his talent on the snow mobile?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow ! I just loved the bg..colors ..texture ,flowers everything !!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks absolutely glorious & your handwriting is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW!!! this is an awesome take on the criteria. Thanks for playing along with STB's

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this, the colours look spectacular and I love how the flowers look like they have snow on them. Also loving all the texture
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love all the texture in your background. Very clever take on the criteria indeed. The colours are perfect for such a beautiful photo. Thanks for joining us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all the texture you have created on your layout - Thanks for playing along on Scrap the Boys xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the depth you have created on your page with the different layers, it looks amazing. Thanks for sharing it with us at STB.

    ReplyDelete
  13. stunning!! what an amazing page.
    thanks for playing along with us at STB :-)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!