Thursday, May 8, 2014

Kitchen Timer Alteration for LESSology's Window Display Challenge


































This little alarm clock alteration required power tools! It started off life as a kitchen timer at the second hand store and was so cute and adorable, I had to bring it home!

Once I started taking it apart, I realized I was going to need HELP to get it opened up so I could alter the inside. You can see here, it's all one piece of metal.




























THE MAN took an angle grinder and carefully cut open the front. He then used a dremel and a sanding tool to sand down the rough edges.

I then spray painted the bell & handle gold and used a green patina on the rest of it. More gold followed over the patina to give is a slight spatter effect.


































Here you can also see that the front will open like a window! I carefully wired it on under the flowers so you could peek inside!

The little window itself is a Prima resin and had many coats of purple inks & glitter. I wanted a strong contrast and also something that was a dreamy color!


Inside I used embossed copper and a little compass as a symbol for guiding someone to find their courage!

Won't you play along with us over at LESSology for our Window Display challenge!



There is a great prize pack of Basic Gray paper up for grabs!

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. This is AMAZING...I knew you'd come up with something stunning...you always do!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely transformation..like the window.. great inspiration for the challenge thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell Spring is in the air. This is the 4th Green and Purple combo project I've seen this week and I'll be honest...I'm more than a little giddy about it. Seriously though...I get all kinds of warm fuzzies and emotions when you open your posts with 'power tools'...OMG!!! A true to life window on a clock with a sentiment that hits home. This is a grand, GRAND project you've created Mitra!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautifully done Mitra, Im sure this is even more beautiful in real life.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!