Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Christmas Card Photo Page for The Color Room Palette #88



My first scrap page of Christmas, I think. Is it? Hmmmm. Nope, second.

I have been pretty busy making gifts and cookies oh yum!



Thought this was a really pretty color challenge so decided to put my best card photos together and make a page. Used to be years back I'd stress about getting this photo. This year in a quest to reduce stress, I asked my kids to pick outfits and tell me when they were ready so I could snap a few photos for me for Christmas. Lexi arranged the outfits and made sure her brother's hair was combed and came and found me. I wasn't READY to take photos, but they were, so in about five minutes it was done. Here is the one I picked.


She even swiped a few of the "flowers" I had arranged in a vase I found at North Country Neighbors as props. I got these for winter to sit in my vase. Right now wandering downstairs through "Christmas" set up in my house it's like I couldn't decide what colors to go with. One spot has traditional red and green while others are lime greenish and this turquoise. Oooopsie!


I also want to post this to the ScrapFit challenge of using mini photos, wallets or smaller. There is some really amazing DT pages for this challenge so go check them out.

Mine is like doll house sized. I wanted it to look like I put one of my Christmas cards on this layout, only itty bitty as I didn't have a whole lotta room.




Here is a close up of my chip board title. I reused a sticker title I had by adding gesso and various reinkers and glimmermists to get the mottled look. Then I punched little holes through the side so I could string this grinchy green ribbon!



Home made flower with ice on the leaves was fun too although now as I look at the green I was supposed to use, my green velvet leaves aren't matchy matchy. My snow flake does a better job. I used more reinkers on a white snowflake to get that look.

Love the fabric buttons I found the other day from TPC Studio. They were perfect for my "O" in photo since I was all out of "O" in my letters from Websters anyhow! Those started off as dark blue and got a gesso treatment too.



Anyhow, hope this post finds you stress free! If not, please have a nice cup of hot coco and get your fingers inky...it might help!



6 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!!!! I love the non-traditional colors for Christmas. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings!! it is always so much fun coming by here, you are so fabulously creative and your posts brighten my day!! i love this layout and Santa's key is amazing... i wish you and yours a most Happy of Christmases !!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ficou linda a sua página!!!

    Beijos do Brasil
    Feliz Natal!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a feast for the eyes. You used so many techniques in one place. I love that mini card and envelope and your story of taking the Christmas picture. Thanks for working out with ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful page and great photos!!! gorgeous!!! thanks sooo much for playing along with ScrapFIT!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another gorgeous layout, Mitra! That is such a great photo...and what a perfect layout for it! Thanks for joining us at ScrapFIT again!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!