Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Sk8er Boy Layout for The Color Room Challenge #89 and Bird is the Word



I cannot promise my colors match all that well. AND I added black with my title and skates. 

I love love love this color palette and I love the layout. Anything to play along!

AND, I promised myself I'd use a layout FROM The Color Room soon, as in this year. Well, I had to hurry up to accomplish that promise I made to myself!


This page is all about the pinch you feel as a parent when somebody little asks you nicely to come check them out and you worry.....about what you are leaving behind. 

It happened to be I was leaving for PA directly after lunch this past Thursday, so was trying to fit packing and e-mails and all that into a condensed space but I didn't want to make my son sad. So, a limited amount of time and a cutie pie little face.....

He was so excited to show me his skating and thrilled I was there.

And, since the sport of choice here is HOCKEY, most little people here learn to skate when they learn to walk. Or at least it seems that way. Those are the little four year old tykes skating backwards in circles around me while I make one lap around the rink. 

When I got to the rink, there was a mix up and the bus was a half hour late. I was beginning to think they weren't coming. 

Next thing I knew, there were a whole skating rink of 3 graders lacing up their skates and gym teachers herding them like cats. 

Luke is a penguin. Just like swimming there are categories. If you are real good, you are a Canadian. 

He refuses to hang with the Penguins. He doesn't see himself as a beginner although he spends more time face down on the ice like a little Bambi than not. 

But, like a true hockey player, he brushes off the ice dust and keeps on skating. 

He is making lots of improvement and in fact, dragged me back to the rink on Sunday. Got the sore muscles to prove it!

Do really love the Jolees I used on this. I bought them last winter and have been hoarding them in my stash. 





You will notice I used the word "time" in my journaling which is one of the current challenges for Bird is the Word. It's a great word, great challenge, and fit my mood perfectly. I just wanted a little bit MORE time....but it worked out perfectly.  

The title, is not my fault. I had Sk8er Boi by Avril in my head. I just couldn't use boi for boy though. It was too.....wrong.......... I know, she wasn't talking about ice skating...but still.......

My theory on work by the way, is that it will always be there. My son however, will only be skating in 3rd Grade once. 

9 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh this is AWESOME!! I loveeeeeee the photos, the misting and those skates! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you made time too! This is a wonderful journal entry in your pages of memories. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just fabulous. I love your misting, the gorgeous sepia photos, the skates and your journaling fits in perfectly. Gorgeous work.
    Have a lovely Christmas. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI.. this is fantastic.. the photos are stunning, and the stickers are perfect for this layout!! well done.. i love this one.. and i am sure your son will be among the best sooner than you think!! Merry Christmas...xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mitra, really nice page and I'm sure Luke had a wonderful time with Mom there. You have some awesome pics of your handsome young man. Love his smile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mitra, sorry I haven't been popping in as often the demands of university assignments are calling me!!!! Not as much time to scrap, blog etc. Loving this one, the pictures, the skates and the journalling. The story about the penguins is so cute, we have it for swimming but not so into ice skating, always end up you know where LOL! Take care and have a very merry Christmas and all the best for 2012, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a gorgeous LO!! Love how you colored the doily!! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT!! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. very cute layout, thanks for playing with us at BITW and Happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love how you did the journaling!! Great page!! Thanks for playing along us at Bird is the Word!!
    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!