Friday, November 16, 2012

Fairy House Page: Another Freaking Scrappy Sketch for the 15th!

































This page was quite the bugger to take a photo of. The not flat thing was making me bonkers!

Did try ironing it before I put all my goodies on it, but that only worked a little.

I do however LOVE how it looks and it will lay nice and flat in a book anyhow.

I used PLASTER. As in the kind we use on the walls here.

I know, crazy nuts! More on that in a bit. I also used a coolio sketch from Another Freaking Scrappy who has their latest and greatest sketch up.


Here is a photo of my plaster pre-inking. It's very useful that my plaster comes in a pink color that changes when it dries so you can see it here....


 I used a Tattered Angel Glimmer Screen that one normally uses for misting to push the plaster through. A flat credit card type thing works like a charm. In fact, used the snow flake just left off the edges...not that you really could tell after all my goodies are added on.
After the plaster was dry, I ran a couple of different ink pads over the raised image and then spritzed with a little bit of alcohol to get the color to run. You can see the texture here and also the inking.


And why am I telling you about making my own background? For a challenge of course!

Over at Our Creative Corner they are running a challenge about making your own background and not using one smidge of background paper. Sounded like fun to me!


I did cheat a bit and used some glittery flowers from Jolees on top of making that turquoise one myself. The whole thing really made me happy with the contrasts and glitter!


And my page was to document a really cool place we stayed at while in Peru.

I thought it looked just like a little house out of a Fairy Village deep in the woods with the flowers and paths.

I want a house like that when I grow up!

9 comments:

  1. Love-love-love it. You are so stinking creative. Wall plaster??? Who would have thought.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow that pink plaster looks like awesome stuff. Beautiful textures in your layout Mitra, so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh this looks so cute.. love the little house, and your back ground is fabulous.. great texture, love the rosette flowers too.. and I find photographing the wonky layouts a bit of a challenge also!! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a truly beautiful layout! That plaster looks awesome!! I've bought some filler to try on my pages this weekend - a lot easier to get hold of here than texture paste!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First thing I thought when I saw your page was "look at that texture".....AWESOME & AMAZING & it works soooooo well...love it:):):) and those jewel-ish clusters on the end of your leaf title?? WOWSIES !!!!!! I'm almost speechless....love this's one. Oh, you can tell:):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful work! I like the background.
    Thanks for joining us at OCC.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a quaint and wonderful little place! You described it perfectly and I want one right next door to you when I grow up too. ;)
    Mitra, you've nailed the background and WOWZERS plaster!! Who'd a thunk? Perfect texture making source and your inking is gorgeous. Love your turquoise flowers...SOOO Pretty!
    So happy you joined us at Our Creative Corner for our challenge. Sorry it took so long to get over here. :)
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful background! Love the texture you accomplished with the plaster. Thanks for playing along with us at Our Creative Corner !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! When you make a background, you REALLY make a background!! This is absolutely gorgeous, and that little house looks wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!