Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Fertile Valley: Creative Scrappers Sketch


































Still working on pages from our trip to Peru. This one is dedicated to seeing my very first lemon tree.

 I know, some of you out there may have your OWN citrus trees. Me, I have never ever seen real life citrus growing on a tree except in commercials!

Thought it would be fun to scrap about. I am pretty fond of most everything lemon. 





What a crazy good sketch over at Creative Scrappers! Love how it pushed me to make little lemon branches and use some smaller round photos.



















We were hanging out at this most amazing place to eat that was an old Hacienda in the Urubamba or Sacred Valley.

It had lovely gardens surrounding the dining area.

Also, they had a small museum of Inca & Spanish artifacts!

Here is my favorite Inca statue. I grin like that on Friday.


Now compare it to one that is Spanish!


These items were side by side in the Hacienda so there was quite the juxtaposition!

The roses were quite lovely and I enjoyed looking at those after I had quite the meal!


Yes, messed around with that photo a bit in Picasa. So many fun filters to try so little time!

Hope you are having a great Tuesday!

Mitra

13 comments:

  1. Can't believe you've never seen a lemon tree!!! We have one & an orange one...I LOVE Them. This is one neat LO. The little circle snaps are brilliant & I really like how you've used the doilies.
    Cheesy grin & all that gold! Incredible....looks like an amazingly interesting trip:):):)
    Glad your weather is OK, too....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this page, Mitra. It almost makes you think you are actually there, while "gazing" at it. The colors are yummy. Great job. Oh, the smiling frog made me laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is GORGEOUS!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee all the fussy cutting and the circles!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI.. I have citrus trees and they were kind to us this last winter.. lots of oranges and mandarins and now my lots a lemons tree has oodles of them on growing wonderfully.. Love your layout.. love the lemon branches.. great take on the sketch too.. and I had to laugh at your comment about the smile on Fridays like that statue...haha.. !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love your poetic phrase about being fond of lemons. it has such a great ring to it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this LO. It's perfect for that sketch

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was excited when we moved to our rental house as there was I couple of lemon trees, I've never had much success growing them. Turns out they weren't lemon trees, just some hybrid cross between oranges and lemons (we think) but the taste is just blah.... so dissappointed. I suspect everytime you see or semll a lemon now you will think of your travels - that is so cool..

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh wow! I love those circular photos! Love seeing photos from your trip!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the way you cracked the CS sketch...Brilliant! I would have had a meltdown looking at all the circles.
    Your citrus take reminds me of an inspiring quote - When life gives you lemons, make lemonade out of them :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love Anupama's quote, but isn't that supposed to be "add tequila???"
    Flippin' fantastic LO Mrs.Pratt. The circles really focus your eye on the beauty of each picture.
    Nice work my friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lol, yes I'm back and have missed blogging and catching up, love the colours on this one and those circles make everything stand out, have a great week my friend x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful layout & great take on that sketch! Can't believe you have never seen a lemon tree before!! Lots of lovely fussy cutting here too...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!