Friday, November 30, 2012

Kermit the Frog






With thoughts of Christmas right around the corner, I bravely started a new project.

It makes perfect sense. Instead of putting up my tree, I am sanding.

This lovely tall (don't actually use the stool) table was obtained at a sale of office furniture and goes back to the time of real life drafters & designers I believe. I have however done my best to ruin it. 

That black spot is me catching the table on fire with the embossing gun. Mine is a real life guy's gun from a hardware store, so it's a bit...um....powerful. 



Honestly though, it is supposed to be in the 50ties this weekend and I have a hot date with a sprayer!

I have been sanding for two nights and the top looks amazing. 

My intent is to spray it black so it matches this other piece I have in my scrappin' area and painted up over the summer. 



























Wish me luck! This time I have buy off from THE MAN, so I'm in the clear there at least!
And why Kermit? Lizzy C. sent me the COOLEST LINK yesterday. I almost peed my pants watching it. I didn't win the lotto, but this youuuuuu tube video helps ease the pain!


Happy Friday! Back soon with my post for Another Freaking. It's the FIRST again!

4 comments:

  1. You certainly are a big & small project girl...weird you're doing both at once!!!???!!!! Balance in an odd sorta way!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha! so glad you enjoyed the clip.. we used to watch the muppets in the late 80's and loved them!! and I am sure you will get that desk looking pretty spick by the time you are finished!! and another one of my all time favs from the muppets...
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8N_tupPBtWQ
    enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see what you do with the table!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! You're a nut and I love it! That song remains in your head for WEEKS!!
    Can't wait to see the new table look. :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!