Tuesday, January 5, 2016

Magic Reindeer Food Upcycled Rumchata Bottle

This past week between Christmas and New Years was a huge wrap up week for me. Things that have been hanging around waiting to be altered have been all fancied up! That just means I need to spend more time down at the second hand store keeping an eye out for fun things to change up! Oh dear, that will be hard! (Pun intended)



I have had this Rum Chata bottle hanging around for months! It was even spray painted white although it was mainly white before. Can you see how this shape would be alluring? Too bad I wasn't big on the contents. ;-) Lucky for me I found just the label on Etsy from Chocolaterabbit to help me turn it into a magic reindeer food container!


I really wanted this bottle to look old, grungy and like it had been around a while. I also wanted it to look magical! Some antique gold Prima bloom spray helped me age up the label quite a bit! I attached it with white glue, so it was able to take the spray. Love the little mirrors and that metal deer that Yvonne from Do More with Less sent me!


I was hoping for a bit of snow so my frosty bottle would have a nice backdrop, but so far it's been a fairly mild winter here. I had to settle for an evergreen tree in the background! I did add snowflakes to my bottle however and a glittery flower on top of vintage lace. The cap was altered with embossed metal tape that was treated with alcohol ink & gold paint. Of course more crystals & glitter around the metal cone that also was upcycled from my stash.


I have passed along this bottle to my Sister in Law. Hopefully their Elf on the Shelf can bring them some food next December to spread on the lawn so Santa's Reindeer's can refuel!

Happy Tuesday!

10 comments:

  1. Super cute. Looks soooo much better..., now if you'd only waited to photograph it now that you've had snow!!! Santana reindeer are all set for this year, then!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Santa's.... Although I'm sure Santana wouldn't be past eating reindeer food!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Complete makeover..from plain white to shining antic !loved the cap most !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous make over!! Love the colors~ awesome work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing makeover...you have indeed created a magical bottle !!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really liking how the green repeats throughout the gold and the white gives it a pristine feel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really liking how the green repeats throughout the gold and the white gives it a pristine feel.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gosh. This turned out soooooo beautiful! You've certainly worked your magic on this one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fantastic transformation! Lucky sister in law,, lucky reindeer next year too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is gorgeous! What a wonderful transformation from the simple white bottle! Can't help but think that the original ingredients would be sure to warm both Santa and the reindeer... Magic, indeed!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!