Monday, November 7, 2011

Fright Night or Night Fright Sketchy Thursdays


























It is always fun to play along with Sketchy Thursdays since the sketch is always much fun!

And I promise, just a few more Halloween pages!!

I counted and my kids dressed up FOUR different times, three of which involved candy, two of which involved a party and treats! This holiday is truly one for the kids. I must admit, they did feel very badly for kids in other countries when they realized that this holiday is one mostly just celebrated here as we drove home with their bellies full of candy. I am sure you all have all kinds of different holidays that are equally as fun so if you get a chance, leave me a cool comment so I can tell my kids!

Lexi managed to get four different outfits out of her witch hat and wings. It was amusing to watch. My favorite I think was was this outfit with the hat. Although, the wings were pretty darn cool.

And, I also played along with Scrap-It-Lah Debbi Tehrani's challenge. I will always associate Debbi with some amazing colors, so I made sure mine on this layout were very vibrant. Hence starting with the black background.

I used up some old Close to My Heart and Stampin' Up paper I had from last year and two of the little felt monsters from CTMH. It always feels GREAT to use up old stash.






































I also really layered it on.

Debbi's challenge is to use:

 1. Layers - at least 6
2.  Stamping and/or embossing
3. Tags or journaling cards incorporated into your design

I thought most of it was easy except for the stamping. I had horrible luck getting the white ink not to make me mad. I did eventually win, but I wish I had reversed how I did the words in the title. They are actually much prettier in real life since she said stamping/embossing so I added some glitter embossing power to my white ink and used a heat gun to set it.

I had some fun new purchases to play with. I got some new Tim Holtz dies to play with. This paper lace is from Tim as is the little itty bitty branch behind my flower.





Fun challenges, give them a whirl!

13 comments:

  1. Well, I've looked over the last few scrapbook layouts and WOWEEE Mitra!
    These are incredible elements you've incorporated. These look NOTHING like my scrapbook pages that I started years and years ago.
    As always your kids are exceptionally CUTE and scary (only on the Halloween pics).
    Really love them all gonna go back now and check out what other items I've missed. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great work with this LO. And the pics! wow they look really scary lol. Thanks for playing along with us at SIL

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much interest here MItra!! Great photos too!! Thanks so much for playing along at Scrap-it-Lah! I am just DYING for my bag to arrive!! Was meant to get here today so will phone the PO tomorrow :) Hope Shane sent your cash!! Have a lovely week :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. One of my favorite papers EVER! I've always coveted the felt monsters too. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job! I love all the layers! Thanks for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays :)
    Melissa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sooooooooooooo fun! I loveeeeeee the photos and the paint splatters! Thanks so much for playing along with Sketchy Thursdays! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This LO is so fun!!! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great take on the sketch! So fun! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute LO! It looks like your family had a fun Halloween.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your take on the sketch! That flower is fab! Thanks for playing along with us at Sketchy Thursdays!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a FUN layout! Love your monstery embellishments and that pumpkin-centered flower and the bit of gauze. Wonderful work with both challenges! Those are some fantastic Halloween pics!

    ReplyDelete
  12. cute Lo, love the colours n details

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!