Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Trick O Treating in Potsdam, NY


















Seriously! I kept getting hollered at for STALKING people with my camera during Halloween. Hence, I only got one good shot I liked. My version of Halloween involves sitting all comfy in the passenger seat while Pratt drives and we stay warm. And we let the kids out in front of us within eye ball range and make them wait at each corner. They feel like they have been let off their leash so it works well for everyone. Not to mention, there is always the Daddy Tax that involves sneaking a few chocolate bars. YUM! And who was hollering at me about taking photos? Oh, that would be THE MAN. I need a blinking light up button that says:  Please excuse the SCRAPBOOKER while she takes photos.






































This was my fav photo as I loved the porch and the flag! Anyhow, dreamed up this freaky house when Marilyn gave me this HUGE cut out of this haunted house! I had snuck in a few Alice in Wonderland guys behind the windows, and added some other paper as well to accent. I also traced around a few to accent AND added some Tim Holtz crackle glaze to the windows. Its hard to see, but the itty bitty little cracks made me so happy!

My back ground also made me super happy. I used a scrap 12 by 12 piece I had added some gesso on previously so it was nice and stiff already.  I just starting dripping on alcohol inks. They are my new favorite thing to scrap with. Love how it gave it a nice freaky sunset look. I also inked up the sides as well and guess that paper was textured underneath the gesso, because I got a nice look with that as well.



Loved my font treatment too, I was just running out of room and the right letters, so the ghost white was a nice compromise! This is nearly the last of the Halloween pages. I have a double page layout to share as well at some point from our Halloween bash....oh, who am I kidding. I am sure to do a couple more because I am getting the Halloween MOJO back. Thanksgiving colors are fun and all, but these are super fun!



5 comments:

  1. WOW what an absolutely fantastic layout...absolutely love it genius!!!!!!!!!
    hugz
    irini

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is amazing.. so very creative.. well done.. stunning house!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh this is AWESOME! I loveeeeeeeeeeeee the house and the background!! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very artistic page! I love your letter treatment too and the photo and how you have cut around it. And I love toady peeking out the top window :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fun page, the house looks awesome.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!