Friday, November 11, 2011

Got Milk Challenge Page for Once Upon A.....Sketch




A page inspired by the latest challenge up on Once Upon a....Sketch blog which involves scrapping why you scrapbook! A great page for my ME book! WHHHHooohhhooooOO! Turned the sketch on the side and then wiggled things around a wee bit. Of course had to add a second smaller photo, but you can sorta see the inspiration of the sketch????

So, when we were considering moving to the North County, the one thing I kept complaining about was that there would be no glass bottled milk! We had Byrne Dairy that carried milk in glass and it made me happy to use glass over plastic. I do love some good recycling or in this case, not using plastic. BUT, of course, you have to also take into consideration the energy used to wash the glass, etc. So, it really did just come down to preference. And reminded me of being a kid when we had glass bottle milk with these really cool caps.

Anyhow, I could have gone deep diving into some photos and see (eek!) if I had any of me nursing Lexi which honestly there wouldn't be much to see anyhow if I allowed someone to take a photo of that. I opted to just find one of my favorite milk in glass bottles and call it good (wink!). I did deep dive for her baby photo but that was for sure needed on this page.

And on that note of no glass bottled milk in the North County? I have given that up. I have deer meat, locally raised pig, cow, and chicken in my deep freezer in happy little white packages from the butcher. No Styrofoam packaging for me!





Anyhow, this paper and I had a little war. I LOVE Webster's but sometimes too much on a page means that I really have to get clever so I can save all the graphics I love. This time I got lucky and found a second sheet of paper that I could sacrifice. So, I fussy cut a lot and pop dotted stuff so I could keep the flowers and baby carriage but get a wee bit more dimension. I think you can see it the best in this photo of Lexi where the leaves are around it.




Here is another of the baby carriage and I inked up the edges to make it stand out more. There was no fussy cutting that carriage though.

And finally a close up of the flower. It is from Prima and stared it's life as white. Added a wee bit of dye and I was much happier. Also, recycled the Prima packaging that came with it behind Lexi's photo.



Here is a close up of the one of the little vintage doilies that Marilyn shared with me. I love them! Add on a vintage button and it's plain old goodness.



This is a super fun challenge if you are up for it. I was going to also link this up on Another Freaking Scrappy Challenge blog as their challenge was to scrap about something you feel strongly about. I do feel strongly about breast feeding. But only for myself. The older I get the more I see the various shades of gray and that most things aren't black and white. So, I made another page I'll post in a few days with a topic I do find important.














14 comments:

  1. Such a great story about why and when you started to scrap! It is great that you documented it. Lovely page! I have that Webster's paper too, but haven't used it yet, sometimes I find them hard to scrap with. Gorgeous details as always. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your page is super adorable and super cute! Thank you for this beautiful journaling and playing along with us at OUAS! ~Gerry~

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is totally stunning! Loved reading about your story. I am so on the same page with the breast feeding - for everyone! No grey areas there except HAVING to go back to work & the ensuing difficulties if employers are not accomodating as yours were. Also agree on the recycling - never buy a plastic bag & do my very best not to buy overpackaged goods but sadly no glass milk bottles since my childhood days either!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oopsie daisy - I forgot to say THANK YOU for playing at Once Upon a ...Sketch!! I am so happy that this topic has been such a hit and I also love the simple and versatile sketch. And woohoo my parcel arrived today! Opened by customs I might add - but they didn't charge me any duties and it doesn't look like they nicked anything. I absolutely LOVE the bag and the extra additions! Kiss Kiss!! Jack got the bangle - LOVES it, Cami got the Spongebob treats, Bing got the lanyard and they all shared the M & Ms!! And I just adore the vintage goodies!! You are too good to me :) :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh i think we all can relate to how we started scrapbooking.. and preserving memories would be big on the list... a beautiful layout too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ThIs is awesome! I love it! Thanks for playing along with us at OUAS! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful! Such a sweet, sweet lo! Tks. for playing along with us at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome subject to scrap about! I loveeeeeee the photos and that journaling! :):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the journaling!
    Thanks for playing along at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a beautiful page with heartfelt journaling!!! This is gorgeous. Thank you so much for taking part in our challenge at OUAS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is just beautiful, from the page, the to pics to your wonderful story. A lovely memory for sure. Thanks for playing along at OUAS.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mitra you always put such wonderful journalling into your creations. Fabulous page.
    Thanks for joining in our challenge at OUAS.
    Jenix

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely story! Precious layout! I love your journaling!Thanks for sharing your work with us at OUAS!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!