Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thank You Cards & a Vote





 Just a few Thankgiving type themed cards for today. I'm gearing up for some major crafting towards the end of the week after my belly digests all that turkey! But, I will probably not post for a few days since I'll be hanging with the family. Plus, tomorrow I go in to bake mode. I have committed to an apple pie with apples off our trees, a banana pudding which is a staple at the Pratt feasts, AND, some kind of cupcakes.

And I was wondering if I could get you guys following my blog to do me a BIG favor. I got an e-mail the other day from my friend Teri asking me to vote for Woman of Worth, in particular a friend of theirs, Gretchen who raises money for Pediatric Cancer after losing their son to the horrible disease. Please see below where I have posted her e-mail and the links. Please hurry, the voting closes tomorrow. Thanks!


I come to you asking a favor.

Recently I found out I've been named one of L'Oreal's 2011 Women of Worth for the work Cookies for Kids' Cancer does on behalf of fighting pediatric cancer. There are 10 winners who were chosen from more than 2,100 nominated women. As a winner, Cookies for Kids' Cancer (www.cookiesforkidscancer.org) will receive $10,000.

But there's a second part of the contest. There is a $25,000 pot available to one of the 10 winners who receives the most votes in an online competition. The voting, which is super easy and literally takes a few seconds, started on Monday, November 7th and continues until next Wednesday, November 23rd. To vote, click here and enter your email address. Each email address can only vote one time, so we are trying to spread the word far and wide.The winner is announced on 12/8 at an awards ceremony.

In the world of pediatric cancer, $25,000 goes a long way and we can put that money to very good use. In addition to voting, would you be willing to share this link with your friends, co-workers, and family to help us win $25,000 to continue going after the disease that took our precious son Liam as well as too many other beloved sons and daughters?

Larry, Ella and I miss him so, so much. Every day without him is a day of profound loss. I can't even express in words the heartache we shoulder as we try to carry on without him. It's something that certainly hasn't gotten any easier in the nine months since he left us. But we continue the fight against the disease that takes the lives of more children than any other every year because it's what Liam would want. He'd want us all to work together to make it better for others.

Many Humble Thanks and Love Like Liam.
Gretchen

4 comments:

  1. This is wonderful and breaks my heart at the same time. Thank you for posting this information and your beautiful cards.
    Have fun in the kitchen, Happy Thanksgiving and enjoy the time with the family. :D
    Lisa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aaaaw...I voted!! Love the cards!! So "Fally"....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I put it as my FB status together with the link!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards! Lots of pretty details.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!