Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Make A Wish Page: The Color Room & Bird is the Word






















oh, I haven't played around with a color challenge in SOOOOOO long! And I admit, the same thing happened to me with this as it usually does. I looked at it and scrunched my nose...and thought, GREY? Blick! I'm also not in favor of that color of pink either....but, spent some time pawing through paper and found one sheet that I really loved of that very light turquoise, a sheet of grey for a base, and then opted to cut up a sheet of the purple in a nice scallopy pattern and rough up the edges.

Of course, a nice tattered prima flower in white could easily be inked up to be turquoise....ditto for a doily in white adding also some alcohol inks in gray and turquoise, a little smidgeon from Glitz in the form of a nice grey & pink rose, some soft velvet ribbon in turquoise and things were really looking up.




































The title was inspired by another challenge blog, Bird is the Word. Their challenge is to use the world "WISH" which works very well for this page. All Lexi was "wishing" for was her new ipod. My kids are very much into electronics and I think quite possibly next to her computer, this is her most favorite thing she owns.  I had fun taking a picture of it (can you see my reflection? I was outside and the wind was whipping my hair-I think I look like Darth Vader) and then adding it on this page as a die cut.

I didn't use the sketch they included, but I kinda would LIKE to use that sketch at some point. It's really pretty cool.

In all, it was fun combining these two challenges, reminds me of the old days...was it just a month or two ago when I last played around with a color challenge?






7 comments:

  1. This is lovely Mitra and I love how you have done the title, it almost looks digital. Beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI.. i have scrolled down and found i have missed some layouts. not to fear.. i have looked at them.. i love your style of scrapping, it has such a freedom and expression on them.. i love your journaling and the words you write on your posts.. it sounds like you are having a conversation with me.. really lovely layouts..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous page as always! Lexi always looks so cute in her photos.
    Meaghan also wished for an itouch, which she recieved and managed to severly chip two weeks later by dropping it onto cement - not happy...

    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is extremely pretty!! Thanks so much for playing along at Bird is the Word! I really want to do this Colour Challenge but it's not looking hopeful for me as it's due in tomorrow and I have my day all booked up already :( You did great on the colour matching too!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really love that you used her iPhone as a die cut accessory! I can definitely understand why she loves it so much. I ADORE mine but you already knew that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, this is just stunning. I love your use of the color palette and the design is just beautiful. What a fabulous page Mitra. Thanks for playing along at BITW too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is lovely. Love the colours! Thanks for joining in @ BITW!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!