Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Cozumel: 2nd Shore Excursion & Near Death Experience ;-)






































Love love love this island in Mexico! Planning on a trip back here as well!

We had the most fabulous guides as well to show us around the island in these very crazy dune buggies. At one point we were admonished NOT to run over any Mexicans....and judging by traffic, it was a good thing to suggest! There were kids on bikes, dogs, five people all riding the same motorcycle, people trying to get run over, yes it was nuts! (They let us loose in TOWN, seriously crazy!)

THE MAN was a bit sideways at first since he was driving the beast and there was no shifting diagram. It was mostly get the darn thing going and figure the gears out on the fly. No way ever that anyone in America would ever let a bunch of just off a cruise ship bunch o freaks like us lose with vehicles somewhere we'd never been before, but hey.....

We drove the buggy to a beach where they then gave us fins & a mask to snorkel on a reef. THAT was so totally cool! I hadn't ever done that before. THE MAN claims it's not as nice as Hawaii, but I'll judge after I've been there to see for myself. ;-)





























Here's a photo from one of the back seat drivers....she had plenty of time to take photos, we probably drove 35 to 40 miles around the island. Was a nice day for a drive!

Towards dinner time we ended up on this beautiful beach for supper. I used this photo on my page but really, you need to see it bigger. I plan on framing it. Love that you can take photos like these on a simple iphone! ;-)









Might have to make another page of this day yet....but for now, I'll leave you with a side view of my page....that is yes, sitting in snow. ;-(






































Well, at least it's Hump Day! Have a good one!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like fun.. so glad no one was harmed in the adventures of your day.. and that wide photo is absolutely awesome.. would be a wonderful photo on the wall!! Great layout too..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loveeeeeeeee your lo!! LOVING the panoramic photo and the flowers!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh cripes...the white stuff. I STILL haven't seen any snow and supposed to be in the 50's this weekend. Seriously messed up weather. That panoramic photo on your iphone is breathtaking. I absolutely love that. Would be a great blog header too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! Snow time again:/ loving that big panorama shot...looks like an amazing day:) I'm really enjoying your cruise days !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh wow!!! It sure looks like paradise...what more can you wish for...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!