Tuesday, January 27, 2015

One Little Word for 2015 & a Sneaky Peeky






































Over the week of Christmas I started thinking about my one little word.

In fact, I asked THE MAN who always has a snappy comeback or epiphany if there was anything in particular that he thought I needed to focus on. He asked me why I couldn't just BE. He had a point.

In years past, my one little words have been bedrockengagehush, and now today I wish to remember grace.

In the past, I choose words based on things I wanted to work on. Right now, there isn't anything I want to focus on. I mean I have little goals like work on my investments, buy & eat more veggies, & work out more. Who doesn't. But I am comfortable with me for the most part except when I am exhausted or overwhelmed or have eaten too many cookies or it's Wednesday.

I read a really great essay from Momastery that inspired me to finally choose a word. It's the antithesis of a word that inspires you to do better. She is reminding us to give ourselves some grace. To silence that voice in our head that tells us we're not good enough and be friends with ourselves.

I can do that. I might need to be reminded of that on a daily basis, but yes, sign me up for that class!

Added that word to a new project that will be hanging out with me in my office...that I'll be posting soon!

6 comments:

  1. Grace is a beautiful word, soothing, comforting, encouraging. we all need a bit more grace.. to give to others, to be given to ourselves...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect word and love what I see so far :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like that word!!! It's a beauty:):) enjoy that piddling cf to Potsdam snow you're getting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful word, I like it a lot. I have been trying to think of my word, here it is nearly the end of January and I am still thinking !
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. No better word than grace. Love your sneak peek too, can't wait to see it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!