Monday, January 26, 2015

Dreamy Plaster Scroll & some Moonshadow Mists


I'm always on the hunt for something quirky and unusual at the second hand store. In fact, I was pretty pleased when I spotted a plaster decorative scroll way in the back the other day.

Of course it wasn't marked. I always manage to drag a couple of those items up to the counter and make the poor lady come up with a price. She may have made a face. It was painted white and a smidge dirty. A dollar and it was all mine. ;-)

Turns out the dirt was more like peeling paint and grunge. The dishwasher got the dirt & paint all loose, exposing the plaster under it. A bit of scrubbing and it was ready for color. The plaster made it a PERFECT candidate for some mists!

I primarly used two Moonshadow Mists from Lindy's Stamp Gang called Treasure Island Aqua and Silhouette Silver. I really enjoy the shimmer & color from the Moonshadow mists.


I accented those two mists with with Heidi Swapp Mists in Blue Sarcelle and Citron.


You can see some of the spots the citron & blue collected in. It's really pretty in real life.

I did use quite a bit of both Moonshadow mists to get the color so dark. After it all dried, I used a clear spray to deepen the colors & because mist is water soluable.

It's up on the wall in my office and brings me joy when I look at it. Pretty good for a dollar and using some scrapbooking supplies!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Sensational!!! LOOOVE those mix of colours. Another fabbo bargain:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my third attempt. Love all those "protections" etc. Hey, do you do house calls? I have some stuff (commonly referred to as furniture) that could be BEAUUUUTIFUL with your help!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh wow this looks like some treasure from ancient Egypt or something.. looks amazing..

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!