Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Grace: Altered One Little Word Suitcase


























A couple of weeks back I hit the jackpot at the second hand store and scored this cardboard suitcase.

It was perfect for adding bits of paper, spritzing mists, gold paint, and some washi. Here is a before photo (patting myself on the back for remembering to take one five seconds before adding modge podge!).


























Honestly I was going to leave it at the store, but the handle really caught my eye as did the $3 price tag.





























Adding some mists, gold paint and washi, it did not disappoint! Love that kind of vintage look on metal, makes me happy!


























I love both sides of this suitcase! Yesterday I taked about my one little word Grace. I used wood letters here on the side so it would remind me. This will be storage in my office so I'll see it quite often.

The pink woodgrain (Maggie Holmes Sweet Story) made a fantastic base and then I started  adding other pretty scraps out of a recent Scraptastic Kit.






































And for something completely unexpected, I spray painted the inside black. Why not, right? I needed something to cover blue stripes....still not sure if I'm done with the inside, might need some gold splatters..

Hope your Hump day is a rockstar one!

4 comments:

  1. LOVE it. I bet you have just the spot to display it. What a great find. I am curious, is that a pair of real scissors, or just a picture? Love all the detail you put into it, and yes I think spatters would work great on the black interior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh! That handle would've gotten me too:) Loooove the makeover. And your word really is a perfect one! And I BET that some gold gets smudged inside there somewhere!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this came out GORGEOUS............simply love it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful transformation! Love the new look! Fabulous textures and I love the word grace!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!