I liked the box itself, but the outside was not my style and I thought it needed a change.
Here is what I started with:
The outside was really glossy, but the inside was this lovely shade of light yellow.
I decided to plan my colors accordingly so the edge hidden under the box top and the inside would work with what I chose for the top and sides.
For the sides, I had this great piece of old paper from a coat pattern that I flipped over and modge podged on. I then inked over it with yellow. I added Shimmer Modge Podge and brown StayzOn Ink for that old look. Finally, washi tape for the edges!
Had to break out my son's cordless screwdriver with a small drill bit to get this knob added and a measuring tape to make sure it was centered! I tell you this because it's the requirement for the newest challenge over at LESSology. They want you to use something from your tool box!
Now since I'm playing along with a LESSology challenge, I must tell you what was upcycled on this project, but in this case it's easier to tell you what is NEW.
I added new Tim Holtz feet, new shimmery trimming on the edge of the box top, new flowers & feathers. Everything else was just JUNK! ;-)
On the trim I added, let me tell you what I did...
This trim was ORIGINALLY plain old silver and I wanted it to match better. So I dripped alcohol ink on it, spritzed it with alcohol in a spray bottle and then I rolled it up tight so the colors would blend. Shortly later it was dry with these awesome-sauce colors. I was pretty pleased with myself and I love the texture it adds!
Happy Hump Day!
I know, it's not Wednesday, but I meant to post this yesterday...so bare with me here. It's been one of those weeks...