Monday, March 10, 2014

Gather Ye Rosebuds Shaker Card for THE CUTTING CAFE


































This shaker card was so much fun!

Made this card for a family member who is going through a rough time. I wanted her to know that we loved and supported her. Nothing says that better than a grungy doily, glitter, gold shimmer and sequins that move around! I also wanted to remind her that life is short and sometimes things must come to an end to start the next chapter.


































The key to a shaker card is depth. I achieved that with some foam tape. Wanted the layers to also add depth, so added a bit of cardboard, little doilies, and paper to lift it off the page.

It got mailed in a soft mailer instead of a traditional envelope due to it's size!

Making the card was very easy with a great cutting file. The files are from THE CUTTING CAFE and I used the Polaroid shaker to make this card.

To give the whole thing more depth, I also cut out an extra Polaroid frame from thick cardboard on my cutting machine.


































And yes, I took this photo on SNOW! It was cold enough, it wasn't going to hurt the card one bit!

Hope your Monday is fantastic!

7 comments:

  1. Love the depth to your card, Mitra. Colors are awesome. Of course the ribbon is the bees knees.

    ReplyDelete
  2. colors, style, papers...........love everything about this shaker....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful ! I loved the layering with doilies and I too love shaker cards a lot,I used foam tape for depth but all the sequins got glued to it..:D !!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so, soooo beautiful...just adore it...& really lovely idea, & I must say that snowy back drop is looking lovely, too:):)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well actually I have just had a tuesday.. and it was a good one!! This looks wonderful.. love the colors and it will be a lovely gift as you have made it with lots of love!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So beautiful!!! I loveeeeeeeeee the colors and the sequins!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this is shabby-licious! Love everything about it.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!