Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Palm Trees Layout


































When we were in Florida, Lexi kept yelling PALM TREES at every opportunity.

To say she was excited to be in a warmer climate with different kinds of trees is quite an understatement.


The fun part for me on this page was encorporating the map of where we stayed at the Barefoot Beach Resort. I brayered over it with gesso so it wasn't so bright, but you can see a smidge of it by Lexi's foot. 


My favorite part of this page was adding Lisa over at You Made Me Ink's pretty blooms coupled with found shells, a little bit of dyed cheese cloth and a sparkle! Also tucked in a drink stir stick that was lovely green and a palm tree!

Lisa used a new file that Regina at THE CUTTING CAFE has recently released that looks like so much fun!

It's called Paper Flowers and there is a easy video with step by step instruction by Tmika that walks you through making them.

Hope you are having a blast today wherever you are!

PALM TREES!

5 comments:

  1. Really cute picture of Lexi. I love seeing this carefree attitude on her. The page is also way cool. Love the shell, flower combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must say, my favest part is Lexie literally jumping outta the page...looks totally BRILL & that corrugated card behind....DELISH!!!! LOOOVE this...new fave alert:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhhhh this is soooooooo fun! LOVING that photo ... tell her I have 2 in my front yard and 1 in the back! LOL!! They are not as fun when you have to trim palm fronds every month! HA!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely page and what a fun photo,I liked the use of map too..!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love palm trees to but they look so weird decorated for Christmas. When it's summer you should get Lexi some blow up palm trees to decorate her room with and add lights for the holidays, sort of a tribute to your warm weather winter vacation. Your LO is incredible and I love how the embellishments contour her. She's so stinking pretty!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!