Thursday, March 27, 2014

Rainbow Ribbon Vintage Covered Tea Box























Just messing around the other day with a tea box. I wanted to send a small Easter Treat to my sis in law and to make something pretty out of the recycling.



Here is what I started with. The scalloped edge caught my eye!

I first covered the entire box in white gesso so the bright colors would not show through. 
Then I used some vintage book pages & shimmer modge podge to cover it. The top was covered with a picture from a book with a pretty girl looking off in the distance. 


The rest of the box got covered in music paper! And then the whole thing was spritzed with grasshopper spit!

No, just kidding. It always reminds me of that when it first comes out. I was using Lindy's Stamp Gang Moonshadow mist. Makes it look older! ;-)


See the caramels? Makes me want some....

Happy Thursday!

5 comments:

  1. Your SIL is very lucky indeedy:):) gorgeous makeover...not that I'm surprised:):) and I must say the window dressing with those disco eggs & your ribbon...LOOOOOOVE:):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm, peach mango sounds wonderful, but I'll pass on the side of grasshopper spit..LOL. Your descriptions crack me up. I LOVE how you package with recyclables. The organic cereal box you sent me inside out was brilliant!! Your SIL will flip and YEAH caramels...such bliss. And there's those amazing eggs again too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tooooooo funny ... I recently altered a Lipton Tea Box too and will be sharing on my bloggy soon! Great minds they say! LOL!! I loveeeeeeeeeeee what you did with this!! Just AMAZING!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ! What a make over ..I loved the vintage papers n that grass hopper spit makes it look even more aged :D !! Loved the use of gorgeously colored blooms on it too !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marvelous makeover especially the grasshopper spit! Who knew?! :)
    Such a wonderful gift idea, and those eggs are fabulous!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!