Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Hope You Had a....Ball Birthday Card for Grandma Skip & The Cutting Cafe























It's Grandma Skip's Birthday Today! My Mom assured me that it's perfectly OK that this card I made for Grandma is still sitting on my table and not mailed as of yet. In fact, I even used past tense when I stamped the sentiment!

She knows I'll add chocolate though so perhaps she thinks that will keep me out of hot water!



This card has many layers.....can you see the bottom layer which is a baseball? And the stamping that is under the chippy "love you" and some clear acetate? And then there is the vintage baseball ticket I downloaded to use as well. Also check out the super amazing sweet flower from Lisa over at You Made Me Ink.

Two cutting files were used on this card from THE CUTTING CAFE. The BASEBALL AND BAT SHAPED CARD SET have that lovely baseball and are super simple to use. Lisa's PAPER FLOWER TEMPLATE was featured last week at THE CUTTING CAFE

If you look PAST the card, you will see snowmobile tracks in the snow that has STILL NOT LEFT YET. We are trying to make the best of it and having a little play in the snow while we wait for spring! ;-)


































I finished stamping the inside and added a photo of the kids and I.

I tried to go all Hallmark on it so completed it reads:  I Hope You Had a Ball!

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. That vintage baseball ticket stole my heart...MY GOSH...LOVE THIS!! Happy Birthday Grandma Skip!!! :) Hallmark? What are you talking about? You blew Hallmark out of the park...this is INCREDIBLE. They should learn from YOU.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the layers..n the baseball is wow !

    ReplyDelete
  3. GAME ON! Miss Mitra!! Even if you missed the start of play!!! FABBO card.....love every little bitsy layer in there...especially your ribbon...I GOTTA start using up my stash. You've inspired me. Got a TEENSY weensy bit distracted from your card by the bg...GORGEOUS back drop to take pics of - looks glorious!!! Even tho you may be sick of that fluffy stuff:):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowzer.......loving the whole vintage look of this card....love love love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card! I LOVE the colours and layers...especially the yummy ribbon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, love your card. The layers are "just perfect"! Everything about it is special to gaze at, the vintage stuff, the colors, the ribbon, the pic of family, etc. etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool! She'll love it no matter what!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!