Monday, March 2, 2015

Big Bag O' Vintage from Mint Velvet







This past weekend was a busy one. THE MAN was off to a poker weekend in Pennsylvania that involved tire chains & offroading while THE BOY was at a sleepover, so Lexi and I planned our own fun. 

That fun involved a trip to Mint Velvet Vintage on Market Street in Corning. I was glad that Kristy had talked us into taking a stroll around the store 'cause I found this lovely bag of goodies for $10!

I was mostly interested in the foliage, numbers, and flowers. The game cards & postcards made me really happy too!





























Not sure what I'll do with the wrapping paper, but it made me smile because I think my Gram used at least a couple of these to wrap birthday presents for me when I was young. 


























TOTALLY not sure what I'll do with these! Anyone see these before?

Wish me luck! I am back with a  layout tomorrow that I used a green game card on....love just sprinkling in the vintage! 

A quick shout out to Connie Mercer who is really good at vintage & who inspired me to grab an entire bag of goodies to play with!

Happy Monday!

4 comments:

  1. Oh you have scored some treasures there.. not sure but are the appliques what you iron on shirts or something similiar?? and then sew around the edge to keep them on.. I used to do that on t-shirts when my kids were younger... that seems like a long time ago now.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goodness! No idea. Before my time, for sure....but gee. Talk about RETRO. You got a bag load of it. ENJOY!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes pretty awesome stuff- you will bring the beauty out for sure . Thanks for the mention :):) cm

    ReplyDelete
  4. SCORE!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm drooling over the ephemera and I was just gifted some vintage wrapping and ribbon too. I don't have a clue what I'll use it for, but just having it is a wonderful feeling.
    Thanks for the sneak peek!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!