Wednesday, March 4, 2015

Holly Short Fan Girl Project in Shades of Green



Right now Luke and I are reading the latest Eoin Colfer Artemis Fowl book The Last Guardian. Well that is to say we have both read it and now he's rereading it. I started reading that series a very long time ago and recently when Luke was bored, he hit my bookcase for most of the series and then continued on with reading it on his iphone kindle app.

I love those books.

I have a fan girl crush on the fairy Holly Short from the book. She is teeny tiny, but kicks ass. She works for LEPRecon. (get it, Leprecon?) Anyhow, I won't give any more of it away but I always think of her when I think of fairies and St. Patrick's Day, which is just around the corner.

Thought I'd make a little piece of art for my office to celebrate both!































In this photo, you can see the layers I used to build up the clouds and the green rainbow. This was created from the Rainbow Shaped File from THE CUTTING CAFE. It's very pretty and easy to use in a variety of ways! It comes as a card, which I used to make all those layers!

I used a lot of inks and some shimmer spray to get the variated green tones and the blue on the edges of the sparkly clouds.

























I really dig those green sparkle leaves and those stars I made from a stencil with plaster. My quote makes me happy too!





























And one more close up! You can see my acorn with the heart! That is part of the book, honest!

Hope you got a good dose of green here and are getting all geared up for St. Patty's Day!

6 comments:

  1. Oh yeah ~ St Pat's. Forgot that!!! I think this is one of my fave Mitra projects. The built up clouds... that FABULOUS rainbow interpretation & the glittery leaves AND that quote. LOVE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks wonderful.. It has a peter pan feel to it.. love the layered clouds and the green countryside.. the rolled roses look amazing too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the built up layers. I think your glittering and spraying take the cake. Makes me want to read the book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. soooooooooo much to love about this project....your work is amazing...love it

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous and creative scene...So many details as your project pulls the observer in and brings out one's imagination...WOW! Krista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your projects are always the bomb but what gets me going the most is the journaling you always add. I love how you did the quote and the green is perfection!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!