Tuesday, November 24, 2015

The Eigth Punch Cup of Christmas for the Funkie Junkie Challenge






































I have GOT to get some plaid ribbon! I always enjoy spotting it on Linda's tag but I had to stash bust a bit to even find something close! (I used seam binding & double sided tape due to desperation!)

Let's take a peek at Linda's tag...


Really enjoyed those trees on her tag, but opted to run with using similar colors, a banner, the black/grey holly and the ornament.

















 To make my ornament, I printed an image with kids on a sled with a dog and punched out an ornament shape. I then used a metal piece behind the ornament to make it fancy and put pine branches behind the whole thing. Love how the grey leaves worked out! I added a few ribbon flowers that were also grey as I liked the contrast with the red berries & seam binding.














Just in case you think I forgot a snowflake, I snuck one in the bottom of the cup! This one is a dark blue that kinda matches Linda's teal...but mainly I just liked the color.

Linda's Shop, The Funkie Junkie is sponsoring this challenge. I am SURE she has some plaid ribbon that would set me straight! I'll have to take a look!

Happy Tuesday!

7 comments:

  1. Luv how it runs out the two edges and small gray flowers nestled inside...starting to look forward to pic of your tree with these gorgeous cups...and Yes plaid is EV RY THING! Run don't walk to get bunches of it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. That tag is gorgeous & I really like your take on it! You've got your glittery glimmer on sooo well with these little cups....& go you with your faux-plaid ribbon....see, you're a Poor Cousin of the Ribbon Queen like I am Tim, LOL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks lovely, I love the sparkly pine branches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've just been doing a catch up of your gorgeous makes Mitra. All your tags are awesome. Love your blog. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh man, that may be my very favorite. LOOOVE the inside color of the cup and the embellishments are unbelievable. You even captured the blue from her tag. GORGEOUS snowflake there!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, what a gorgeous rusty patina on the inside of the cup! The contrast really makes the glittery greenery pop. Lovely vintage image and that rusty key is a real beauty. Great to have you back again for Tag #8.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!