Tuesday, November 3, 2015

The Fifth Punch Cup of Christmas for the Funkie Junkie Challenge






































Been having fun with the spray paints again. And the nice part about a glass cup is that you can see through it! I envison that perhaps the lights on the Christmas tree may show through as well but who knows...we'll have to see!


Linda's tag number 5 really challenged me. I liked the colors she used the most, so I started there with the copper colored spray paint and the verdigis snowlake/cup edges. I used a vintage red cardinal to match her writing.


I also pulled out the seam binding in hopes of coming up with something epic like her little snippet of ribbon, but alas I couldn't figure out her secret to the stripes! Or perhaps my hand is not steady enough! You can see that I made an attempt...


I made a nest out of moss and also added a few pieces of greenery. Love the scotch tape leaves! I had found some tape with that cool pattern and just covered a few pieces of paper with it and then ran it through my Big Shot!

Fun times! I am excited for the 6th Punch Cup which is all country. I took a sneak peek at it already! I've also been taking a cruise around Linda's Store, The Funkie Junkie! Her store is hosting the challenge and the items she carries are top notch!

Happy Tuesday!




7 comments:

  1. You say cup 5 challenged you??? WELL, I never would have guessed it, I love it. Love the color combo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looksfabulous....love the 'nest' idea & the pretty blues in there, too:)) I can't believe how quickly you're keeping up with them...go you! I seem to have gotten out of the way of doing challenges that I can't quite get out of ....still haven't done one this month & it's already the night of the 4th!!! HAAAALP!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another gorgeous cup! I love the bird.. so sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really clever take! The cardinal looks right at home. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! And I love Linda's store!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! LOVE that red cardinal - how absolutely perfect! This is such a beauty and the patterned leaves are terrific too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOOOOVE this cup!!! Been looking through all of them and this one is just stunning. Could be that I live a few hours from the St.Louis Cardinals, but I really think it's because of the way you've showcased it. Beautiful work!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!