Wednesday, November 18, 2015

The Seventh Punch Cup of Christmas for the Funkie Junkie Challenge






































I am getting really excited to put these ornaments on my new Christmas tree! I've passed the half way point! Only five more left to go, sob! My new tree has put me in quite the state...it's flocked so I'm all kinds of crazy about sparkle and snow right now....hence the sparkle coating on the glass cup...I'll tell you how I did it in just a few....first up, lets take a peep at Linda's tag which features silver, blue and snowflakes!

I really loved the snowflakes and that blue color, so I wanted to work with that first. I started by inking up one of my large glittery snowflakes a blue color and hot gluing it on the back of the cup. I figured if I left the cup clear you would be able to see it through the glass. Then I got the bright idea of spraying some clear spay in the inside of the cup and then sprinkling in glitter...it's hard to see through but ohhhh so pretty!


Depending on the angle though, you can still see the big flake on the back! I also found some delicious 3-D snowflakes at the second hand store that I glued in with some holly leaves & berries. I found that I needed to add just a little color to all that sparkle & white.






































That big gem reminded me of snow crystals! And I added little blue flowers to bring out more of the blue...also used blue on the tag & parts of the key! Love that silver on the key too!

Linda's Shop, The Funkie Junkie is sponsoring this challenge. I've been over checking out all her goodies and making a shopping list!

Happy Hump Day!

8 comments:

  1. Oh boy oh boy oh boy...if Santa hadn't already warmed the heart of the The Winter Warlock, this would! It's GORGEOUS! The blues, the gems, the sparkle....I love it!!
    "PUT ONE FOOT IN FRONT OF THE OTHER, SOON YOU'LL BE WALKING 'CROSS THE FLOOR!" to hang it on your tree!!!! :) Now I can't wait for that show to come on, drink eggnog, eat cookies and look at your beautiful tree. WOO HOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Gorgeous! I love the little pops of colour against all the pretty sparkle! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its Awesome..all sparkling ,snowy and festive..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another wonderful creation, love the blue and white around the key! I am sure you will get them all done by Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh MY! Glittered up snowflakes....just fabulous! Love this one cos at heart I'm a 'blue' gal....so it ticks all those yummy boxes for me.....great take on the tag, I reckon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous, the frosted glass really works with this, love the tag!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a treat for the eyes! This is beautifully done!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another beauty, Mitra! Loving that blue and all the wonderful sparkle. The key is a fabulous touch and the bright pop of the holly is the perfect finisher.

    Hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!