Sunday, November 1, 2015

Pick Three Layout for Another Freaking Scrappy





































This month's challenge over at Another Freaking Scrappy was scary! Guess it fits that yesterday was Halloween here in the States!

Anne wants you to:  close your eyes and grab 3 items blindly from your stash and incorporate it into a layout. EEEEK!



So, I decided to randomly reach in one of my paper drawers and pull out a package of paper. I keep them in plastic bags so at least I was somewhat guaranteed the papers would match. Ended up with a big bunch of Graphic 45, Renaissance Faire collection. Also out popped a large piece of left over chipboard from Technique Tuesday. I also randomly grabbed a stamp out of my stash!















































Since the chipboard was white, I decided it needed a heavy bath of inks and sprays so it would match the very rich paper. I also embossed some gold diamonds on the edges with the stamp. 















































I thought all the rich paper & gold went really well with this vintage photo of my Grandma Ireland. She was likely married to my Grandpa Harry in this photo so I used her last name at the time, Lotz. I also snuck in some little plastic pieces dyed with alcohol inks and made them look like they were rolling around in the chipboard. 

I do hope you have a chance to give this a try. It's a little unnerving but I was really pleased with using up old stash and the result!

Happy Sunday and first of the month!



6 comments:

  1. That is a brill challenge! Love what you've come up with - super different. Such a strong page...think it might match your Grandma??!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a challenge! You have created so well! Love the vintage feel and love the big flourish too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love what you did. I think Lexi resembles her a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its a fab challenge I reckon and I love your layout. A beautiful , vintage , strong feel to this
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! Did I send you that chippie?! If not I have one just like it!! Love your background underneath it and stunning photo x

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!