Monday, November 30, 2015

Me on a Monday: Nosy Nose, Parades & a Vintage Hankie Spindle Angel


Ah what a nice weekend. The Pratt Clan has been off since Wednesday so it has been quite a long time away from work. We were celebrating our Thanksgiving holiday and got a jump start on Christmas. Lots of crafting around these parts. The Civil Air Patrol Centerpieces for the First Annual Christmas Party are just about done. Too bad you can't see them..nosy Duncan had to get in the photo!


Got a template done for some hankie angels I want to make with left overs from the Grandma Skip Hankie Quilt. I had to even sew a little so a shout out to my Mom for helping me get my sewing machine set up with white & the right stitch. 

Love those vintage wooden spindles I found at an antique store. They make an awesome body & head for my angel! Paired up with some gold pipe cleaners and lots of flowers...I have a pile of stuff set up to make seven more...wish me luck, they are a little futzy....

I passed out candy on Friday night in a parade in Sayre for work and my oldest was in the Parade of Lights here in Corning. She marched for a club she is in called Sisters Cities. She hopes to eventually go to Italy and host someone here from there when she is a senior.

I made her some fancy smancy antlers to wear....love how they match her scarf! I just doubled up a set from the dollar store and added a burlap rose, berries, and velvet holly. 

The antlers made rounds a little....

Looks like Luke got photo bombed by an undercover Santa...he is doing his grumpy cat impression!

And I'll leave you with that photo on this fine Monday as we march slowly towards Christmas! Here's to a productive week!

Waving over to Sian the Me on a Monday Girl who inspires these posts!

11 comments:

  1. That parade looks so pretty! You must all have been feeling very Christmassy by the end of it.

    I hope the rest of the week is a good one and you get a chance to finish up those lovely angels

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those angels are lovely. Glad you had a good thanksgiving - is it more of a celebration in the US than Christmas is? I don't think we have an English equivalent .. the other home nations are much better at celebration days than we are. Have a good week x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the angel that came to life under your talented fingers, the Reindeer antlers too, and laughed until I coughed over the grumpy cat Lucas pulled off with Santa peeking around the corner - checking it all out!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy, happy and more happy with all the photos and crafts and I even love Mr. Grumpy Cat impersonator. AWESOME post, Mitra! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. You lost me at gold pipe cleaners...lol.... JK! I just love that hanky angel! How awesome and I think I see one in my future.... Oh and I know what you thought as you were commenting on my fb page....I will use it soon! I promise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh. And btw. That nose that made its way into the first pic...it just begs to be kissed!

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute, cute angels!!! Beautifully created!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your hanky angels look wonderful... great reindeer antlers, love the lights too.. happy december!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What to think...Duncan's impressive skijump nose, antlers and models that inspire, and charming spindle angels that should be keepers for future generations...tra la la I think I just got in the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What to think...Duncan's impressive skijump nose, antlers and models that inspire, and charming spindle angels that should be keepers for future generations...tra la la I think I just got in the Christmas spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. SEWING???? Geeeze....I almost dropped my computer!!! As did the photo of Luke with his big horns!!! Sis looks MUCH better with them! Italy eh??!! That'd be on my list when I'm a senior too...getting late. Trying to catch up on blogging. Weirdness is setting in...!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!