Thursday, July 7, 2016

Vintage Tea Cup with Rolled Roses for LESSology's Cup or Mug Challenge




It's entirely possible I have a thing for gold. Add in a vintage tea cup with gold accents and I'm smitten. However, I'm usually not inclined to actually use them for tea, although I can imagine a tea party with mismatched cups and fancy cookies and that makes me happy. I did need to eventually come up with a use for my addition! Thankfully Yvonne over at LESSology seems to read my mind and comes up with these cool challenges so I can stretch a little! So this time round we're decorating cups or mugs!






































I cut a bunch of music paper roses and rolled them onto gold pipecleaners using hot glue. When they cooled, I then pushed them into a piece of foam I had hot glued in the cup so I could make a bouquet. Everything in this cup with the exception of the little white roses with gems & pearl branches are upcycled.



I had added a ribbon at one point but it made it really hard to see the cup, so I changed it up a bit, but think of the possibilities!






































What does one do with a tea cup bouquet? I imagine they would make a nice "card" if you added a tag sentiment or a name card at a place setting. I'm enjoying mine on a corbel I painted up the other day.

Hope you get a chance to play along with our cup or mug challenge! You folks are really creative out there so I can't wait to see what you make!

2 comments:

  1. My Grandma had a collection of teacups she brought out on special occasions. I think she would have loved the idea of a teacup bouquet

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!