Saturday, June 1, 2013

Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow: Project Quirks & Onion























The other morning at 5:30 am, the alarm went off. It's a station from Canada that plays classic rock. Well, sometimes they are talking and it's always interesting to hear someone else's local news 'cause I typically have no clue what they are talking about. 

Anyhow, the tunes are good. 

They were playing Don't Stop Thinking About Tomorrow by Fleetwood Mac. Have always loved that song.

Of course THE MAN is the alarm clock clicker so I did not get to finish hearing the song. Had to google it later.


Thought I needed to use some of the song lyrics on my next piece for the Onion (aka Sue) and Quirks (aka Lisa) Challenge. 

Here is what I started with:


Before you get all crazy that I messed with a real silver platter, I assure you this is plated (pun intended) AND I had to sand green rust off the bottom of it. Flowers are hiding the rust bubbles! 

So, now the rust bubbles are hid by gesso and five trillion coats of various shades of paint and & dripped alcohol ink. Fun times. Kept applying paint & ink until I was happy. Which means it took me all week. ;-)

Since the Onion (aka Sue) and Quirks (aka Lisa) Challenge involves making your own stencil, I opted to cut "tomorrow" out on my Silly. 

Here is my stencil after using plaster. The center part of the circle did not stay put, but I think it looks like a moon sorta....





















Once it was dry, added a bridge inked up in chocolate from Prima (thanks Helen!), trees, cattails, and birds cut from my Silly. They were modge podged down with Shimmer Modge Podge.

Can see a bit of the shimmer here....





You can also see the Prima vine I used as well as the little key I tucked in to symbolize the key to happiness.


























These have been great projects to get Mojo back flowing! My "thinking about tomorrow" idea is what one might do if you are stuck in a creative rut!

Thanks Onion (aka Sue) and Quirks (aka Lisa) for having me! Can't wait to see what you made! 

Happy Crafting this weekend!

7 comments:

  1. Dude!!! Mitza!! Mitra!!! What a fantastic makeover on this tray. I can't stop looking at the bridge. Absolutely symbolic of the sentiment and the perfect image. Ooops...now I'm singing Bridge Over Troubled Waters ( A little S&G is good for the soul too). Your reflection painting is spot on as well. Also symbolic for reflecting on one's self...if we're getting that 'deep.' Incredible stenciling idea with tomorrow and I'm loving how this all came together and alas, a key!!!!
    I told Onion I was stoked for our 4th and now even more so.
    hugs,
    Q aka Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the beautiful results of your silver tray! Absolutely gorgeous scene and dimension and textures!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Mitza
    Oh goodness, I was hesitant about coming across after seeing Q's project as I knew you were going to match the standard she set, and of course I was not disappointed, that bridge is incredible, the whole scene is just gorgeous, and the tray looks beautiful, it is innovative and unique, your inspiration is working well..... I must step up!
    Smiles:)
    Sue aka Onion

    ReplyDelete
  4. How lovely! I wish I could stop thinking about tomorrow ( I am a big-time WORRIER!!!)...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is amazing! The bridge is so perfect and the reflection in the water is so fantastic! I'm always telling Lisa M I want to spend a day in her head, and now I'm thinking you needed to be added to that list!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love it! So happy to see you Silly playing & that bridge looks great & LOVING those colours from the inks on the plate itself. Just sooo original....& that song....sorta gets stuck in your brain....THANKS...NOT:):):)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!