Monday, June 17, 2013

Germany Page for Another Freaking Scrappy


































If I was from here originally, I would have been prepared for the Olympics coming to town.

Instead, my son says cryptically, you guys should come see our march today at school. My class is Germany.

It was the day THE MAN and I were off work to do concrete and it seemed nearly impossible we'd be done in time to run down to the school.

HOWEVER, planets aligned and we were greeted with the entire elementary school lined up ready to march down the main drag in town.

It was impressive.

I saw Australia. Is it just me or is the flag upside down?
























South Africa was there.


Of course Great Britain AND Canada.




















I kept thinking we were down to the smallest of them all, but they kept coming and coming and shrinking.

It's impossible my son was ever THAT little. ;-)

Anyhow, the latest sketch challenge up at Another Freaking Scrappy had me inspired to make a page about this once every four year event!


The stars were super easy on the Silly. Several Christmas times ago, I got a cutting file for a box that was star shaped. I just cut out the top and bottom and folded the double sided paper over. Can you see that a couple of them are flapping just a bit? ;-) 


Love the little rosette I made to match the sun on the sketch. It meant I could add in his ribbon too!


It was a great parade and a really cool event. They even had the torch runner in for the ceremonies. Wasn't real fire of course!


If you get a chance, give the sketch a try! Gotta love the stars!

Oh and how did Luke do? He mostly just had fun in the sunshine. He likes running the mile vs something short like the 100 meter dash!

Happy Monday!

5 comments:

  1. Okay, I said this about your adorable daughter, but your son is growing up way too fast too! My gosh, it really makes me feel old!!!
    Love that you and the man made it to the world parade on the square and I loved the picture of ALL those little bitty mini people!! Once every four years huh? Even more cool than the Aurora Borealis. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow. Love this bold layout. Very eye-catching.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, this is great - especially the rosette - very appropriate & YES! our flag is upside down...but maybe that's cos we're downunder?????!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the way you combined the fussy-cut picture with the regular ones. The rosette looks FAB! TFS the parade snaps :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful! And South Africa was there!! That's impressive!!! I think it's a great idea to widen the kids horizons and make them aware of all the awesome countries in the world - a great event to document - and done so happily in orange! Love the silhouetted photograph!!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!