Monday, June 10, 2013

Where the Wild Things Are Layout


































Happy Birthday Maurice Sendack and Happy Anniversary PARENTS!

My Mom and Dad are celebrating their 41st Anniversary! I think it's funny they share their special day with the illustrator & author of Where the Wild Things Are. There is something funny to say about that but I'll refrain from any obvious jokes.

THE MAN took this photo the other day. I was scoping for the ducks we have currently hanging out in the beaver pond. They seem to be the same ones that come back year after year and I was hoping to figure out where they were nesting.

Here is a side view. Can you see the little monsters I printed and fussy cut? And the crazy peacock feather.


































Here is a close up of my journaling so you can see what my page is about.


And one more close up of the embossed metal painted scallop I used, my sparkle letters, and crazy feather. I really love this page. Might be the Graphic 45 paper I used that scared me totally, but now makes me super happy!


Happy 41st Anniversary Mom and Dad! Hope I wasn't too wild growing up!


6 comments:

  1. I love the way your man captured this photo, I can imagine you scanning the area for those little ducks. The embossing looks great as does your fussy cut monsters.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is sooo great...did you mean those cut outs behind your photo on the right to look a little like claws about to grab you??? Or is that my imagination??!!!! those peacock feathers make me happy, too. I love that book:):):) max is my hero!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome! LOVING the characters and the journaling!! And Happy anniversary to your folks!! They have been married as long as I have been alive! LOL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A Maurice Sendak layout? Gotta love that!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh wow, there is something magical about the back ground in this layout... and now that you explained about the photo it all makes sense.. fabulous layout...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow this layout is just gorgeous with that giant Peacock feather & the embossed plate! I have something to send you that I made especially for you. It will be up on my blog on Thursday :) Hope you like it! I'll try to send it off next week - please resend your address as I lost my address file with my last pc...

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!