Wednesday, June 5, 2013

THE RAFT layout for Scrap For Help


































All winter, Luke has been carefully hoarding milk jugs and their tops. There was this long story explained to me by a boy about making a raft and floating around Tommy's pond come summer. We dutifully saved jugs out of the recycling until one nice Spring day where he made off with the lot of them on his bike.

I expected a phone call from Tommy's Mom asking why I was sending our trash over to their house. Instead, I got this photo via text. Evidently Tommy's Dad was expecting our trash and helped the boys with their raft.

One of my favorite elements on this page is the little flag on the tooth pick and grape vine squiggles. When the vines die, the little tendrils also dry up and are very cool.

I am linking this up with ScrapForHelp as their challenge this month involves using wood on your layout.


Used a ton of scraps up on this page as you don't need a whole sheet of paper when you are tearing it and tucking it behind the main photo.

I really love my die cut milk jugs. They really make me laugh sitting on my page unruly like milk jugs kinda are!

The YOU ARE HERE cut out was an idea my daughter had. She suggested putting a bunch of scraps behind it and then I added some glitter glue. I like how it turned out.



Happy Hump Day!

We have a sunny day here, more nice weather for drying cement! My steps are nearly done, tonight we put back the garden and take the forms off. I CANNOT WAIT!

12 comments:

  1. Gorgeous!! LOVING the bright colors and loveeeeeee how you added the milk jugs on there!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is fantastic! What a cool raft!! I want to make one!!! Also have cement drying right now outside...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love all the bright colours...a real 'outdoorsy' and boy page!
    Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mitra this page really caught my eye, I love the brightness of with all your bits and pieces and what a great story, oh to be a kid again........

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1/ Love your fussy cut milk bottles - they look real!
    2/ I thought that was thick cotton up the top - glad you explained it was GRAPE!!!! They DO look cool:)
    3/ Lexie is sooo right - that backing on the word block looks fabbo
    4/ The little bits of 'confetti' are cute.
    5/ I didn' know you had your VERY own, VERY clever Huck Finn!!!!!
    6/ Look out Mississippi or Other Big Bodies of Water:):):)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great! I love the project they completed with their milk jugs and that you incorporated this into your page elements!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yes, I love layering with bits and pieces of patterned paper...it gives an illusion of lushness without the waste! Love the mix of colours here.

    And how fun that the boys worked all winter for their "project"!

    ReplyDelete
  8. My goodness that is fantastic! Love the raft and I hope the boys had/have a lot of fun with that.. and your layout is wonderful.. love the 'you are here' and all the layers under the photo!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What an awesome adventure for your son. I bet they had a super time. Clever addition of the grape vine squiggles.
    Thanks for Joining in at SFH.

    ReplyDelete
  10. so so artsy and love the bright colors :) thanks for playing with us at S4H

    ReplyDelete
  11. Mitra, this is fabulous--the colors, the design, the grape vines, the subject matter, all of it! Thanks for entering it in Scrap for Help!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How resourceful of these boys to come with a raft out of recycled materials! Love your milk jugs and grape vines, Mitra :)
    Thank you for playing along with Scrap for Help.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!