Friday, February 10, 2012

Journey Page for 3 Challenge Blogs

I'd like to link up this page with three different challenges. I can't believe I pulled it off, but here they are:


Bird is the Word:  Use the word Journey in your layout. 


Scrapbooker's Anonymous:   February challenge is all about HEARTS and STITCHING. Show us the LOVE and include at least 3 hearts and use stitching somewhere on your project. You can do it. Let's see what you got.... come play with us.. =)


ScrapFit:  Workout #61- Blank Canvas
Every good layout starts out as a blank canvas! For this workout we want you to start out with a WHITE background paper and build your layout from there! This leaves your opportunity for creativity wide open! Will you leave the white for us to see or will you cover it up!?!? We cant wait to see!

I had been planning on using this photo of Lexi's nails since Christmas. Add in a new Tim Holtz stamp I got from my friend Lisa, and making a tag for Tag Tuesday, I was then inspired to also make a sheet of background paper which worked out for the ScrapFit challenge. I had so much fun making my own paper and this tag. 



Here is a closeup of the three hearts for Scrapbooker's Anonymous. I love how these turned out. 

My sis in law had sent some glitter in a recent package that was different so I had to give it a whirl! Love it! And the top has some crackle glaze.


And, on a NON-Scrapbooking related note, these new polish strips from Sally Hansen are the BOMB!

Also, if you are looking for some inspiration so you too can play along with the Journey challenge at Bird is the Word I offer you two choices for inspiration.

The first is a super corny love song by Journey! Nothing like some music from the 80's to really cheer you up. They don't write them this way anymore! I double dog dare you to listen to it!


And an inspirational quote from MY WALL! ;-) This was a present one winter from UG. I had spotted this frame in a catalog and said it was a great quote in his presence and voila! It turned up on my doorstep. I love random gifts!


25 comments:

  1. Hehehehehe...Steven Perry and his heart wrenching fist pumping videos!! LOL!! Those were the days!

    I love love love your lo!! LOVING the nails and loving the stacked hearts and the stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW!! What an amazing page! Love all the techniques you so masterfully employed! Each one is perfect for this fun photo! Thanks for working out with us at ScrapFIT! ~ Blessings

    http://gracescraps.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Layout!!! Love all the texture and techniques!!! Thanks for working out with us at Scrapfit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool page and picture love the texture.
    byebye,Lean

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy moly! I would never have guessed that was once a plain white sheet of cardstock! Amazing, as always, Mitra! This should be hanging on a wall! So glad you joined us at ScrapFIT!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful page.... love those hearts... Thanks so much for playing along with us over at Scrapbookers Anonymous...hugs...xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful page and I love EVERYTHING you have done with it! Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Bird is the Word :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the quote and the beautiful wall decor piece...and your tag and stamp are awesome. So much goodness on that page - not to mention those abfab nails!! Thanks for =paying with us at Bird is the Word :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooopsie I was meant to say PLAYING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous layout mitra! I love the texture and color combo matches well with the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW Mitra this one really sings out to me and I love all the details you managed to det on it and still kept the design just right.

    ReplyDelete
  12. oh wow how wonderfully creative you have been with this... i love all the details, the hearts look amazing!! fabulous photo too!! and i did read your last post and cried and then put it on my facebook and made my friends cry!! but a very beautiful message all the same!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Clever you, 3 challenges! Love, love, love the hearts, the journalling around the page and how you managed to cover all 3 challenge, take care, Doreen x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Love all the layers, the colors, the hearts- beautiful. Thx so much for working out with us @ ScrapFIT!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. you've outdone yourself this time!! the techniques used on this layout are fantastic!! those hearts are exquisite!! thanks for for joining us at BITW and ScrapFit. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely page. I love the shaped paper and your hearts. Thanks for playing along with us at Frosted Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wow! I LOVE this !!! It's just gorgeous, and the nails look awesome! Love the paper, the embellies and especially those hearts! Thanks for joining in the fun at Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a fantastic art page! Love how you started with a truly blank canvas and added so many handmade embellishments and beautiful finishes. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wonderful!!! great job getting those 3 challenges in there.. I love the die cut paper base. and I have to say, I'm a Journey fan. always good with some 80's songs.
    THanks so much for playing along with us at SCrapbookers Anonymous. =)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Loving this layout, Mitra - especially how you did the hearts!! You should do a tutorial on this. Thanks so much for playing along with Scrapbookers Anonymous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Well you certainly decided none of the white cardstock was going to show!!
    Love those 3 hearts - thanks for joining in at SA

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this LO, what fab nails. Thanks for joining us at Scrapboookers Anonymous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love this LO, what fab nails. Thanks for joining us at Scrapboookers Anonymous.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Really lovely page: the photo is super!
    Eli (Scrapbookers Anonymous)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful page!! love how you used the "journey" word in your page. nice nails ;) Thanks for sharing it with us at Bird is the Word!! :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE comments. Come on. Leave me one. They make me smile!