For the first part of this post, please go to this link.
For the base of your flower, I'd start here with Julie's tutorial. She has a great video you can watch that is very straight forward. And also, my photos show the flower base made from a cutter. I have a Silhouette that I bought the cutting file for. Her method can be used by anyone with glue and scissors!
Now, for the tie dye part! Here is how I inked up regular old blue card stock.
You can then twist these up using Julie's method on her finger. I use a thin paint brush sometimes. Once they are rolled, I use hot glue to secure them in place. Just be aware that you're working with something that is hot and cools quickly. Julie shows how you can twist her flowers as they dry a bit slower with her glue which is nice since you don't really have that option with hot glue.
Then, either spritz these blooms with regular old rubbing alcohol you'd get from the drug store or apply via an eye dropper or bottle with a tip. Any method you can use to get this ink to "run" and mix together.
They are really a fancy outcome for something that is really not all that difficult. You have a bit of time to wait while they dry. After drying, I added a bit of modge podge at the tips of them with a brush and sprinkled some really large sized glitter.
Like Julie says in her video, these are mostly for OTP (Off The Page) Applications due to their depth. I have used one on a card before, but one I was handing to the person minus the envelope.
And, there you have it!
Thanks Miss Julie for loaning me your video!